Home
Posted By: iambrb Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
I have heard of this...Heck, I think I posted something here! Cannot seem to find it - does anyone know where I can g4t info on a com[any(ies) that make or made these? The one I remember is essentially a slip-fit lens on one end of the scope that increases magnification
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
I have the bushnell "elite" doubler. Its 2.5x. center is very sharp, edges not as.

It works nicely to bump up mag of a good bino. Never used it on a scope. I'll try though.

remember, crap quality to start with is only magnified.

I got mine on ebay, price was attractive, under $50 shipped.
this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-El...720?pt=Binocular&hash=item5ae5e37cc8

Nice quality case, belt strap, solid constructionm. I think vortex or zen ray makes one too, their stuff is great so really worth a look.

Shameless ad: I'm downsizing a lot of camping/hunting/fishing/hobby stuff soon, funding a renovation. Buy one of my binos full price and I'll toss the doubler in for free.
Posted By: SLM Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
I tried the Swaro. doubler on my 15X56 and did not like them at all.
Posted By: iambrb Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
No-no, this was to increase magnification on rifle scopes. Crap, I think they had an ad in Rifle magazine at one time.
Posted By: rockchuck828 Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
I have seen a few of them before, total optical junk. spend your money on a better scope.
Posted By: sscoyote Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
I've used them for specialized applications and they do work OK. Here's what you're looking for--

http://www.bulzeyepro.com/
Posted By: Ringman Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/01/12
sscoyote,

Do they require you to re-sight your impact point?
Posted By: djpaintless Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/02/12
They are a waste of money whether they are used for scopes, binoculars or red dots...................dj
Posted By: sscoyote Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/02/12
Ringman...the main reason i got the 2 i have is that the booster also cuts down eye relief somewhat which allows me to shoot a 3-12x Burris LER scope off a bipod using a center-grip handgun from prone at 12x without having to overextend my shooting arm--an issue with this optic.

I also have another on a Leup. 24x BR scope on an XP-100 that's been converted to LER. The booster again turns a long eye relief optic into an intermediate eye relief, and yes they do increase the image size somewhat [supposed to be a percentage, 20, 25 or 30%]. The booster magnifies EVERYTHING, magnification as well as any defects in the original optics optical quality. I have been satisfied with mine. But the focal length changes with their installation, such that the eyepiece may have to be screwed in or out [sometimes a lot] deopending on which booster you get.

Posted By: boatanchor Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/02/12
They might have changed since I last tried one but the one I had was not very impressive. So I sent my Leupold 6.5x20 to Premier reticle and it came back a 14.5x35 with far better optic's than the doubler.
Posted By: Hawker Re: Optical Doubler? - 04/02/12
I have tried several of them. None of really works well. save that money for a spotting scope
© 24hourcampfire