Home
Posted By: Farmboy1 Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 Scope? - 09/10/12
Looking for some who have experience with this scope, and
opinions are appreciated. Looking at this one for both varmint
and big game.
I've had one, but don't think it's worth the extra cost over the buckmaster 4.5-14x40 with side focus. Just my own experience though.
I have one of these but I've only used it on paper so far. Plan to change that this fall. Mine is the Mildot version and it sits on my bench rifle. Clear and very bright just like my other Monarchs. I haven't looked through one of the new SF Buckmasters but to my eyes it was significantly better than the 4-14x40 AO Buckmaster that I used to own and the Prostaffs I've looked through. Monarchs are the only Nikons I will buy from now on.
I have three of them. Both BDC and Mildot. I had a few old Monarchs with a plex reticle. It was time to upgrade. Between the Spot On software and new reticles it was a no brainer. My coyote rifle has a BDC which saves time on long range shots. I printed out a card for the side of the stock. I found that the 4-16 was great since it covers such a wide spectrum for shooting at different distances. I must have 7 Nikons now.
b., I agree with you. I'm a big fan of the BDC reticle and it's ammazing how many converts I have after taking guy's shooting and showing them how Spot On works for their rifle. I just had this chat earlier today, I use the Coyote Special Scope in brush prairie camo on my BPMS Priairie Panther. Love it, Coyote's hate it! 5:5 on em so far. I do tell folks to look thru the Coyote Special Scope before buying one to make sure you can live with the circles.

Monarch 4-16 is my go to scope on my deer hunting rifle. Great clarity and wonderful in low light. I also use the BDC reticle. Big Nikon Promo right now on all their BDC scopes guys, just thought I'd add that....

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/CoyoteSPrairepanther_2-2.jpg
I was worried I might not like the circles in my BDC scope. After a day at the range I'm a fan also. VERY happy with mine.
Have one but it isn't the BDC scope. Been on my .222 for four years now a sporter BDL. But the damn thing will only shoot 2's and 3's. at best. Time to get rid of another scope I guess.
I just picked up a 2.5-10x42 with BBC from Amazon. With the rebate it was a pretty sweet deal.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Have one but it isn't the BDC scope. Been on my .222 for four years now a sporter BDL. But the damn thing will only shoot 2's and 3's. at best. Time to get rid of another scope I guess.

That sucks, I hope my new monarch X tactical does better than that... whistle
© 24hourcampfire