Home
Hey guys, I ran into a deal on one of these for $275.00 and its still sealed NIB. Is this a good deal? I like the power range, but have never had one of these Leupolds with the LR reticle. Help me decide, thanks....
I have a VX-II 4x12x40 with the AO and LR Duplex mounted on my 700 SPS in 223. Once you match the magnification of the scope with your scope impact with the dots, it becomes a pretty easy to use system. I like it for shooting out to 400 yards or so.
I would probably jump on it. I got mine back from Leupold a couple of weeks ago, after an M1 elevation knob and a click windage knob were installed.
Thanks guys. I'll probably snag it....
$263 is wholesale cost before shipping.
Originally Posted by eh76
$263 is wholesale cost before shipping.

Thanks, that helps a lot. This one is "sealed, NIB"....
Not for me. Anything over 10x and I'd be concerned about parallax. I'm not fond of the LR reticle as it doesn't offer anything to me that I can use over a medium duplex and/or an elevation dial. E
Make sure of the manufacture date. The VX-I started out without MC4 coatings, and it was not as good as the newer ones with the MC4.

I had one of each..........
Make sure it's a 1, not a I.
I have a couple earlier 4-12x40 A.O's and truth be told their one of my favorite reasonably priced scopes.

Also have newer VXI and haven't used it a bunch, but again it's not a bad scope for the money. Think I gave 200 shipped a year or so ago for it (just a duplex, wish it had the LR)
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Make sure of the manufacture date. The VX-I started out without MC4 coatings, and it was not as good as the newer ones with the MC4.

I had one of each..........

It's the VX-1 not the I. It was still in the shrinkwrap NIB so I bought it...I like the idea of the LR reticle as I'm used to the burris ballistic plex. Seems like a decent scope but not nearly as nice as my VX-3's....
What's it going on, bro?
Damn, I haven't figured that out yet blush I've been thinking about your m1 idea though.... grin
K, do you think it would hold up to my 375 H&H recoil???? Don't laugh either grin The reason I ask is because 2 summers ago I met a guy at my shooting range that had this beautiful pre 64 model 70 chambered in 300 H&H and that's the scope he was running. He loved the combo....just a thunk...
I don't see why not, and it's not you are out anything if it doesn't, outside of the use of the scope for a week... though mine is going on one of my .223s, I could see picking up another one if/when I pick up a 7 RUM SPS. I would think the recoil of a .375 would be heavier, though not as sharp, as a lightweight Ultra Mag.
My pre-64 300 Winny made my Redfield 4-12x40 go TWANG.
© 24hourcampfire