Home
I obtained a Brno ZKW 465 mimiature MAuser rifle in 22 K-Hornet recently. It has integral scope mounting bases that I THOUGHT were Sako type. Well, I just tried some Leopold Sako style rings and they are too wide. Most Weaver/Picatinny scope rings have a bar across them that fits into a groove that these bases lack.

So, what scope rings do I need to get, and where cn I find a set?

Thanks in advance,

MARK

PS I am trying to mount an older, small objective and slightly purpled Leopold 2-8x32 Vari X ll.
It's possible (and worth measuring to find out) that the 16mm dovetail rings made for the CZ 527 will work. Burris makes them; I've got several pairs of Burris rings for my CZ 550's and they're very well makde. The BRNO 465 looks very much like a CZ 527.
I widened the dovetail on a pair of Ruger rings with a 3 corner file with 1 side safe.
Didn't work too bad.
Good ideas on both counts! Thank you. I will have to give one or the other a try.

But the question still is there, what are these SUPPOSED to have for scope rings?
Mark,

Call the tech guys at Brownells. I haven't found much they can't answer. If they don't know, they'll point you in the right direction.

Post some pictures when you get the chance.

Best regards,

DF
The dovetails are 5/8" from memory, and will take the same mounts as pre 1974 Brno 22lr and Tikka LSA and M series centrefires.
i wonder if its the same as cz small action..
With such close relational heritage that would make tons of sense, and I would love to know, but no one near here carries CZ rifles that I know of to give them a looksee and maybe measurement.

I tried to call Brownells several times, as was suggested, but thier lines are backed up with folks wanting to buy AR kits, Magazines and similar.

Call Brownells after Christmas. Should be better.

I was trying to make a MidwayUSA order, never got thru due to long waits. Finally ordered on line.

DF
© 24hourcampfire