Home
Need some opinions on the best scope for around 200-250$
There are a whole bunch of great choices in your price range but I'll throw out the 3-9x40 Bushnell Elite as my choice.

http://www.fedtacticaldirect.com/Bushnell-3-9x40MttFireflyArgBx-E3946_p_34464.html
I picked up a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 a while back for $299.

BDC Reticle, low covered turrets with lift-n-shift rezero. I like it.
Vortex Diamondback, BDC reticle $199.00
My 7-08 has been wearing a Bushnell Elite 4200 for the last 4 years. I have seen no reason to change.

Dale
I am a fan of the Leupold Mark AR, or the older version the Mark 2 since you could get it with the Long Range dotz, have one of each on my 7mm-08's. But the AR isn't bad either at that price.
Vortex Crossfire II

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexcrossfireii3-9x40
Mine now wears a Burris FFII and it is terrific. That said, it used to wear a Weaver Classic V9 and it was really good. Just wanted to use the Ballistic Plex reticle for my son's hunts this fall.

That Weaver was really trim and bright. Excellent tracking as well. Hmm, it may need to go back on something. What should I get now.......

FH
Nitrex TR One. Absolutely love mine.
I have been on a Nikon kick lately and have bought 3 in the last year. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 with the BDC. I think one would fill your needs nicely.
I'd suggest the Burris FFII as well.
Weaver Classic V-9 for around $150...however Natchez has the 3-10x40 Weaver Grand Slam on sale for $239(ballistic plex), for that price I'd call it a slam dunk winner.
BURRIS OR VORTEX YOU WON'T EVER HAVE TO LOOK BACK!
I'll put in votes for Burris FF2 or Vortex Diamondback. Both under $200
You might want to consider one of the Sightron 3.5-10x42 SII Big Sky scopes that are on closeout. With the $100 rebate available thru 1-31, they are $200, and originally were $470. The Big Sky glass is very good, and they have their own version of Rainguard that works well also.
THere is a 3x9x40 vx2 in the classifieds....I am pretty impressed with mine
Spend a little more and get the VX-2 Leupold.
Worth consideration:
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/hawke-panorama-ev-riflescopes/hawke-panorama-ev-3-9x40.html
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Weaver Classic V-9 for around $150...however Natchez has the 3-10x40 Weaver Grand Slam on sale for $239(ballistic plex), for that price I'd call it a slam dunk winner.

+1 on the Weaver GS. That's a $500-class scope and a great deal from Natchez. I currently own 3 3x10x40 GS scopes.
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Spend a little more and get the VX-2 Leupold.

This is good advice. Not that much more money and a significant step up over anything $50 less.

If $250 is the absolute most you can spend then the current production VX-1 is the better choice. The $200, Nikon Vortex, Burris, and Redfield Revolution are good scopes but Leupold upgraded the VX-1 and VX-2 for this year. The new VX-2 is an amazing scope for $300. The VX-1 is now the best $200 scope you can buy.
Originally Posted by Ziggy
Need some opinions on the best scope for around 200-250$

If the budget can stretch, or a used scope is OK, I've run several different Leup 2.5x8's on a couple different 7-08's; it's a great combo. Currently that's what's on my 7-08. The VX3's are pretty darn nice scopes.
Originally Posted by Blacktails
You might want to consider one of the Sightron 3.5-10x42 SII Big Sky scopes that are on closeout. With the $100 rebate available thru 1-31, they are $200, and originally were $470. The Big Sky glass is very good, and they have their own version of Rainguard that works well also.

Wow -

Big Sky scopes are freakin' awesome -

I'd do this in a heartbeat -
© 24hourcampfire