Home
Posted By: SoonerWing Help with scope mount - 01/09/13
Trying to put some Weaver Quad Lock rings on my sons XS7Y .243 and I can not get the rings mounted to the base without it still having some wiggle to it. I can tighten all of the screws TIGHT but no matter how tight I get them there is still some wiggle. Anyone had a similar experience or did I just get a bad set of rings?
Posted By: TA243 Re: Help with scope mount - 01/10/13
Problem might be with the 1-pc. base that comes with the XS7. I replaced mine with 2-pc. Warne bases and they work great.
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: Help with scope mount - 01/10/13
Is the wiggle coming from the ring to base connection or the base to action? I don't know how the rings would still be loose if it is tight. I would assume it is the base that is loose. Try to tighten the base screws.
Posted By: SoonerWing Re: Help with scope mount - 01/10/13
JeffP40 you are probably right. I am sure that I am overthinking this and I did not check the to ensure that the base was tight. This is sort of like calling IT for help because my computer wont turn on only to have them plug it in for me. Probably should have checked the base first. Will update tomorrow.
Posted By: SoonerWing Re: Help with scope mount - 01/11/13
Got the rings on tight last night. Checked the rail and it was good and tight so I just really cranked down on the base screws. I was fearful that they might snap off but I would tighten them just a litt more each time and check for wiggle. I think the screws were too long and I had to come all the way through the knob/nut and then some. I think the knob/nut wan't drilled all the way through. Should be good to go now though. Will check again after shooting a bit.

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: Help with scope mount - 01/12/13
Hope it works. Some things can drive you nuts for a while.
Posted By: jt402 Re: Help with scope mount - 01/12/13
Sometimes the screws are a bit long and bottom out before they snug up the base.
© 24hourcampfire