Home
I am at my wit's end trying to solve this puzzle and hope someone can point me toward a solution. I have a Kimber model 84 rifle and am trying to mount a scope with a 30mm tube. The rifle has an 11mm dovetail and I would prefer to find a set of rings that will mount directly to this, rather than to a mount.

Several manufacturers (Burris, Warne) offer a 1" ring that will fit my rifle's 11 dovetail, but I have had no luck locating a set that will work with a 30mm scope tube. Can someone please help?
Search "11mm dovetail rings" on Amazon. There are several 30mm tube options.
Try this.

Got an 11mm rail on your combo gun, both mine do. I was having a tough time finding a set of low rings, tried Leupold Mediums and they were too high.

I found this little item a 11mm to Weaver adaptor that only adds about 1/8" to the hight of the scope and you can use low weaver style rings. I suggest rings that have a good stout clamp system though.

Both the guns I have in the "Show your combo guns" are mounted with these.(oop chnged the AA to Leupolds just befor the pic. Still playing with getting it set up)

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MNT-DT2PW01

The Bernedelli has a slot at the very back of the rail for a stop pin. I just drilled and tapped a hole at the rear of the adaptor for a #4 allen screw and dressed the head to fit the slot worked well.

+1 on using an adaptor, thats what I did
© 24hourcampfire