Home
I am thinking of getting one to put on an AR. Anybody have any likes or dislikes of this scope. Or, any other scopes in the same power range that might be better? I am going to be using this for a calling rifle and maybe shoot some local 3 gun matches. I also would like to keep choices to a scope with an illuminated reticle. Thanks guys!
I have the 1-4 MTAC, and it seems fine. I wanted something that made it unnecessary to have an offset sight for close range. It seems to do that fine. I may be misguided here, but if I was gonna do 3-gun, I would rather have 1x on the low end. I don't figure on using my AR much past 300 on coyotes, and for that far, 4x is enough.

That being said, I was price limited when I bought the MTAC. If I hadn't been, I would have looked at the SWFA SS 1-6 HD.

John
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I have the 1-4 MTAC, and it seems fine. I wanted something that made it unnecessary to have an offset sight for close range. It seems to do that fine. I may be misguided here, but if I was gonna do 3-gun, I would rather have 1x on the low end. I don't figure on using my AR much past 300 on coyotes, and for that far, 4x is enough.

I fully agree with having a 1.1x for 3-gun but I still want one of the 1.5x6 XTR's for hunting with an AR. That 40mm objective will make a big difference early and late. I'm not aware of another lower power variable with an objective that large.
The 40mm Objective is a definite plus for the 1.5-6x40.

John
© 24hourcampfire