Home
Hi Guys I am about to pull the trigger here on 3, Z6i Gen2 2-12x50 4A-I rifle scopes but am a little bit concerned re the extremely thin looking Centre to the 4A-I reticle for quick target acquisition on running deer / game in the woods - any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Also does the reticle when not switched on still have a " dot " in the centre or does it revert to a clean crisp cross ?

Cheers guys.

Fallow Buff.
It doesn't need to be turned on. I shot animals & targets without the illumination. Swaro 4A is a fantastic reticle IMO.
Thanks mate - I had a PV - that was awesome with bush target acquisition - but had my doubts on the 4A-I leading the eye to the centre in the thick stuff - it looked more like a fine varment reticle than a good bush choice - I guess if there had been any huge dramas with it we would have heard all about it by now.

I had also heard the 4A is different from the 4A-I when the illumination is off ?

Cheers.

The Buff.
I have several Z6i's. Each one has the circle-dot reticle. It is a great reticle for just about anything, especially thick brush and for DG.
I just bought same scope and it should arrive Monday. I wanted the 4w reticle but couldnt resist CL demo price. I've looked through this model and like the reticle.
Call Doug at camera land or Alex at Europtice. I have had great dealings with both Gentleman. They should be able to answer your questions. I would guess they would ship to you.
Thanks for info - my old man had a Z6I - but i cant remember the reticle precisely as he sold it 4 or so years ago - all i know is i want the Z6i as i love the optics over my Luepold VX3's ( very close tho - right up until that last/ first 10-15mins of light - to me ).

I did find a clip on you tube with a picture of the 4AI reticle and unlit a very tiny dot/circle can be seen in the centre - not much bigger than the cross hairs themselves- rounding the gap in the corners so to speak - not a large dot but it is there.

Agree with above on all counts - the reticle is nice looking for all hunting but is not the same as Swaros #4 - its a little different but not much.

Cheers guys for help and thoughts.
© 24hourcampfire