Home
Personally I'd love a 6x42 Weaver Super Slam with EBX and pull up turrets. I'd buy one(probably more than one...
I would like to see Weaver bring back the T-10. I finally found a new in the box T-10 (japan) after searcing for several years.
Leupold VX 3 1.5-6X42 Heavy Duplex
Minox 1.8-8x36 (or 40), 1-6x36/40, and 2-10x40, w/turret controlled illum and zero/target turrets, and mildot versions.
6x40 Zeiss Conquest.
Originally Posted by AMRA

That would be about the perfect scope for Alabama woods, though it would be a VX6 and at a $1000 price point. Still a bargain over the $2500 Zeiss. I would prefer their new ill reticle over the HD though.
Leupold 4x36 with heavy duplex and German #4 reticles as standard choices.
A #4 that is really a #4. Not a wide duplex w/o the upper thick post. powdr
There a couple of items I would like to see;

Leupold 2.5-8 x 36 with a 1" longer main tube.
Leupold 1.5-5 x 20 with the objective lens near the end of the tube instead of an inch inside the tube.

Zeiss to pull their finger out and stop putting such massively large ocular housings on their scopes...and not everyone wants an illuminated reticle.
zero stops
Post [picket] reticles from Leupold.

Put the damned windage adjuster on left side so it's not over load/eject port.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

That would be about the perfect scope for Alabama woods, though it would be a VX6 and at a $1000 price point. Still a bargain over the $2500 Zeiss. I would prefer their new ill reticle over the HD though.

You can have a 1.2-6 or 1.8-8 Minox, with twice the glass, twice the brightness, half the weight, and half the price, and still made in USA. I've always liked and respected leupold and their
Products, but lately they've been left behind where value and glass were concerned, and are making hay through cheapness and marketing.
I want my FX-3 6x42 scopes with a coating like Lotu-tec or Rainguard HD.

Would also like for the ocular and jam-nut to stay tight. The ocular/nut came loose on a 270 BAR, 375 Ruger, and my 7-08 Kimber. The Kimber took 130 rounds, the 375 would loosen in 30-40 rounds, and BAR somewhere in between.
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I want my FX-3 6x42 scopes with a coating like Lotu-tec or Rainguard HD.

Would also like for the ocular and jam-nut to stay tight. The ocular/nut came loose on a 270 BAR, 375 Ruger, and my 7-08 Kimber. The Kimber took 130 rounds, the 375 would loosen in 30-40 rounds, and BAR somewhere in between.

this...mud puddle
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You can have a 1.2-6 or 1.8-8 Minox, with twice the glass, twice the brightness, half the weight, and half the price, and still made in USA. I've always liked and respected leupold and their
Products, but lately they've been left behind where value and glass were concerned, and are making hay through cheapness and marketing.

Nah. Had a Minox - Z5 2-10. Hated the eye relief, didn't like the reticle. Sold the Minox with no regrets.

It's not enough to just have good glass: Weight, eye relief, neutrality of use/color... Those favor Leupold. Scopes are a balancing act - the only question is which end of the spectrum one favors.
PS: as to what I want? a 1" lighted reticle in a 1/1.5-5.5/6x. You can get it in a 30mm...but I want a 1" tube.
I don't ask for much. I'm pretty "old school" when it comes to scopes. I'd just like to see more scopes offered in gloss finish like they once were, and more scopes in silver finish, especially low powered compacts. Bring back a lot of the fixed 4x's and some new low range variables with decent reticles. Have no use for "ranging" reticles but would like to see more German type reticles, heavy duplex and the old post & crosshairs.
I'd love for Zeiss to bring the Conquest line back, with a 2-7 and a 1.5-5.
I have a Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8x32 #20 Ret. still in the box.
I like my Leupold VX III 1.75-6X32 HD better.

Having that Zeiss is better than money in the bank!

Might hit you up at tax time to see if you want to sell it.
I would like to see Weaver bring back the T-16X or better yet a T-18X or 20X with a Reticle like the Leupold Varmint or Sightron MOA-2 , etc.
Swarovski offer the Z3 3-10x42 with a BT. I hit the local and regional Swaro reps up for this everytime I see or talk to them.

Leupold to offer the Post & Duplex as a standard reticle in the VX-3 3.5-10x40 and not just via the custom shop.
Lots of good suggestions. If could have only one, it'd be a 4x36, 1" tube with sufficient length for a LA, #4 reticle (ala zeiss or kahles versions, or would settle for leup post&duplex), with above avg lenses but without weighing a pound. With or without "real crushed diamonds", I don't care. The conquest 4x32 is close, as is the leup 3x20 and kahles 4x36, but no cigars.
Originally Posted by 444Matt

Having that Zeiss is better than money in the bank!

Might hit you up at tax time to see if you want to sell it.

I would sell it or better trade it for the RIGHT Leupold!
I also have a Leupold VX II 2-7x33 Duplex still in the factory
shrink wrap The std Duplex is to thin for these old eyes!
I would love to see a VX 3 2.5-8X36 with Heavy Duplex
or a VX 3 3.5-10X40 WITH HEAVY DUPLEX
© 24hourcampfire