Home
Having wrecked a VariX-II 1x4x20mm scope due to recoil in the past and another recently on my O/U combo gun shooting 12ga. 3" buckshot loads for coyotes. Is the VX-1 1x4 "shotgun" scope built any tougher?

My thoughts are that it should be built to handle even 3.5" heavy turkey loads.
I have a Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33 Shotgun scope on a Savage 24 in 223 over 20 gauge that has held up fine, but no 20 gauge load that I know of is going to come close to the recoil generated by a 3.5" 12 gauge load.

My other Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33 Shotgun scope, also with a "turkey-plex" reticle, is installed on a DPMS Sportical and has held up well through a couple thousand rounds down the tube.

Jeff
I think the only difference in the VX-1 "Shotgun" scopes is the preset parallax and slightly more eye relief than their counterparts.
I've run them on a couple of Marlin 1895G's in 45-70 and a Marlin 1895M in .450, using some hot ammo. Never had a problem, but I did wreck an old 2.5X M8 Leupold on a 1895G, while shooting the now defunct PMC +P 45-70 factory stuff. The recoil gutted the scope, and I was left with a tube full of stuff that rattled around. Leupold took care of it, and replaced the scope, no questions asked. Those VX-I 1-4X20 scopes are pretty tough, based on my experience.
I have one that spent about 1400 rounds on a .375�Buy and use with confidence�.

[Linked Image]
I have one, but it lives on a 22lr bolt gun. Love it.
Thanks guys, looks like I'll order one.
I just had a VX1 3-9x40 crap out on a Rem. 870 20 gauge slug gun. I'm not inpressed with the lower end Leupys at all.
© 24hourcampfire