Home
Posted By: killindeer anyone buy from armslist? - 02/25/14
anyone ever had something shipped by a seller on armslist? found some optics i may be interested in. they said they could ship them. just wondering if anyones been scammed or lost money or heard of someone losin money on there
There are plenty of scams around. I have bought and sold many times on armslist with no problems, but it should be face to face.
Recently completed a good rifle deal on Armslist via email..flawless without a hitch.
Posted By: rifle Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/25/14
Go buy a lottery ticket..PDQ
i found a heck of a deal on something.but it almost seems to good to b true. so im a little hesitant
Posted By: rj112275 Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/25/14
If it's local, and you can meet face to face, then you're probably okay. However, if you have to mail $$$$ to someone blindly, and have no assurance, then a solid "maybe"

I've made some great sales and buys over Armslist. I almost always talk with the person over the phone first. You gotta protect yourself.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/26/14
A few years ago (2011), somebody on this forum mentioned an Armslist ad that sounded too good to be true: SAKO L579, 7mm-08 Pacnor tube, MacMillan stock, Leupold rings, ammo, $550.

I immediately checked it out and discovered that my cousin lived about 10 miles from the guy. While people on the forum were debating whether it was legit, my cousin contacted the guy, went to his house, and bought the rifle (for me). Two mule deer and two whitetails later, I still think it's one of my best gun deals.

Posted By: LIV2HUNT Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/26/14
I've found several deals locally but when asked to meet FTF for the sale they clam up and I haven't heard from them again. Maybe there afraid that I'm a fraud or maybe going to hurt them I don't know. I've had good experiences but lately it's been a bit sketchy!!

Here are 3 deals lately that I have emailed and confirmed the gun was still for sale but, when asked when we could meet so I could purchase it they never respond back.

Tikka T3 Stainless .300 WSM with 3.5-10 Conquest 550.00

Remington BDL Wood Blued with a VXIII 3.5-10X40 500.00

Tikka T3 Stainless .223 no glass 450.00

All had nice pictures etc...

Posted By: RDFinn Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/26/14
I recently saw a really clean Husqvarna 30/06 FS on ArmsList and it had pictures as well. Only problem was the pictures were from one of my Husqvarna's that I sold here several years ago..
Posted By: grovey Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/26/14
I've probably done 10 deals on the armslist that involved shipping. So far so good. A phone goes a long way when feeling out a deal.
Posted By: LIV2HUNT Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/26/14
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I recently saw a really clean Husqvarna 30/06 FS on ArmsList and it had pictures as well. Only problem was the pictures were from one of my Husqvarna's that I sold here several years ago..

^^^^^^^
Now that's funny Roy!!!
He'll, I can rarely ever get anyone to contact me back on things I have inquired about. Seems pretty much a waste of time to me.
you are pretty much protected if u do the transaction through paypal tho right?
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/27/14
Originally Posted by killindeer
you are pretty much protected if u do the transaction through paypal tho right?

No arms or arms related items are supposed to be purchased through Paypal. They look for keywords.
a scope?
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/28/14
Originally Posted by killindeer
a scope?

Optics are not listed in their policy. What's interesting is all EBay payments go through Paypal and you can buy gun parts there.

"What is PayPal�s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition.

Firearms � Include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns - For U.S. residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. U.S. sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the U.S. are prohibited.

Other Related Items � PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition"
Posted By: tmitch Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/28/14
I personaly would only do face to face on Armslist. In the past month I've found 3 rifles listed on Armslist using pictures and descriptions from Gunbroker auctions. Usually they're in a different state and are priced to move. I'm sure there are good people on there, but it is full of scams. Buyer beware!
yea i duno. i kinda got a strange feeling about it
Posted By: tmitch Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/28/14
Example

Gunbroker Sako

Armslist Sako

Who would you trust?
Yep, but the scams are pretty easy to spot. Too good to be true probably is. Just copy and paste the headline into google and you will find it was snagged of GB or other auction sites. Have had mostly good luck FTF. Talk on phone first and meet in VERY public place
Bought a very nice Beretta 92G Brigadier Elite at a nice price yesterday from Armslist seller.
reason im questioning it is the photos of the scope look professionally done. almost for like an ad or something. i looked on google images but couldnt find the photos. also the seller has two items listed. the other item says its in a different state
Listing in different state is dead giveaway
I have used Armslist and made good deals but only FTF. Don't ignore your gut feeling. It is usually correct. Already sounds like you may have a doubt.
Posted By: fink65 Re: anyone buy from armslist? - 02/28/14
Another downside is when the phoney listing is flagged as a scam, on Armslist, it takes 3 days to get it taken down. FTF is all I will do on that site unless I know the seller from here.-Mike
© 24hourcampfire