Home
Posted By: worm Help with scope - 06/29/14
Guys need some help, out of the 2 below choices what scope is best
Zeiss Terra 3X 3-9x42
Vortex Viper 3-9x40
Posted By: herschel34 Re: Help with scope - 06/29/14
Not to confuse things, but I would consider the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 from Europtic. Same price range and they've gotten excellent reviews.

I have no experience with the scopes you asked about.
Posted By: waterdoctor Re: Help with scope - 06/29/14
I'd rather have a Meopta Meopro 3.5-10x44 from Cameraland for 399.00
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Help with scope - 06/29/14
I am a conquest fan, but haven't looked thru a terra. I have heard more than a few people say they aren't impressed with the terra line though, which has kept me from considering one for my last few purchases. I would agree with the commenter above that the conquest 3-9x40 from euro optic is a great value.

I bought a viper 3-9x40 a while back for a rifle I wanted to keep fairly cheap to carry in the pickup. I bought it as a Demo from cameraland for $260. I have been impressed with it so far for what it costs. It light, has good glass and seems to function well. The BDC is unobtrusive, just a few hash marks. I haven't tried to use them for holdovers, but plan to play around with them someday as the manual has specific moa subtensions for the marks. I also really like the power ring on this scope for functionality.

For what I bought it for, the viper works great. But for the current prices, it's hard to beat the 3-9 conquest if you just want a good duplex reticle scope IMO.
Posted By: worm Re: Help with scope - 06/29/14
Guys thanks for the information, the scope will be used on a 22LR and was considering the viper(Demo)
Posted By: Oheremicus Re: Help with scope - 06/29/14
You might want to keep in mind that most hunting scopes show parallax at typical .22 rimfire ranges. That means the rifle won't group as well as it could. E
Posted By: cooperfan Re: Help with scope - 06/29/14
Originally Posted by worm
Guys need some help, out of the 2 below choices what scope is best
Zeiss Terra 3X 3-9x42
Vortex Viper 3-9x40

Neither for a .22LR

Get something with AO
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Help with scope - 06/30/14
Here is the best deal going on a good 22 scope.
http://www.clearidgeoptics.com/product-p/3310.htm

You could buy a Leupold 3X9 EFR if you just want to pay more. Both are good scopes and optically very similar.
Posted By: worm Re: Help with scope - 06/30/14
Guys thanks for the information
Posted By: Ringman Re: Help with scope - 06/30/14
worm,

Presently I have two rimfire rifles. One has a 6-24X the other has a 4-16X. If the Sightron 6-24X I have in the classifieds doesn't sell before tomorrow eveing I'm going to replace the Tasco 6-24X on the bolt action .22 with it.

I wouldn't use a rifle scope that does not have either side focus or adjustable objective. I prefer adjustable objective over side focus.
Posted By: cdb Re: Help with scope - 07/05/14
I have the Clearidge and it's a pretty awesome scope.
© 24hourcampfire