Home
http://swfa.com/Leupold-3-9x40-VX-R-Patrol-30mm-Riflescope-P49445.aspx

Seems like a lot of scope for $600.

Anybody got one? Mil knobs and mil reticle.
I've broken several. What would you like to know?
You have broken several or you have seen/heard of several breaking ? What broke ? E
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I've broken several. What would you like to know?

OH MY! What broke??????????
Abuse?
Hardly.

Failure to hold zero and significant tracking errors.

There are much better choices for $600.
Really ? Nobody else here has reported anthing like that. Several of us have and have used the VX-R line w/o any issues.
I find it odd that you test 6 of the 3-9X40 SS scopes and find them to be perfect, adjustments never fail to do exactly what they should, and they never break, etc. According to RD Finn, the Super Sniper scopes are made by Tasco to Chris Farris's specs. But when Leupold makes a similar scopes with some very significant and desireable additional features, like super hard coatings and a nifty illuminated reticle, for very close to the same price, it is pure junk, or as bad a scope as made by anyone....
What is even more strange is that on your serious hunting rifles you use Nightforce scopes, not the "perfect" Super Sniper. E
The SWFA SS scopes are made in Japan, but not by Tasco. Chris bought the rights to use the name only.
Hardly.

Failure to hold zero and significant tracking errors.

Many Vx-r series users around here, first real gripe I've ever heard about any of them.

And I, for one, didn't pay anywhere near $600 for mine. High $300's. For $600 and up Swaro would be my choice, but for that price point illumination ain't happening.
These Vx-r scopes ooze quality both cosmetically and in function for that $395--$425 price range.
My .02...

I tend to believe ya...

Where is $600 better spent??????????????????????

Me and all my hillbilly friends gots the SWFA's already. Love them except for the big bulky weight. We don't wring our hands over the last 3 seconds of available light... we all like em because they track. And track.

Loopies can run hot and cold so I am told but they do fix em. The bench rest dude up the road shot a white tail at one clean mile... he hates loopies! But.... He is a stocking dealer for nightforce.
Originally Posted by broomd

Many Vx-r series users around here, first real gripe I've ever heard about any of them.

And I, for one, didn't pay anywhere near $600 for mine. High $300's. For $600 and up Swaro would be my choice, but for that price point illumination ain't happening.
These Vx-r scopes ooze quality both cosmetically and in function for that $395--$425 price range.
My .02...

Reading comprehension as short as round counts...?

VX-R PATROL

Please regale me as to round counts, use and tracking of the VX-R b]PATROL[/b]s you've used.

E,

Sorry to inform you but quite a few Leopold products suck. You'll excuse me if I don't have to guess.
Originally Posted by Robert_White

I tend to believe ya...

Where is $600 better spent??????????????????????

SWFA 6x and 3-9x42mm.
Leupold 6x42mm with M1 (though I don't really use them anymore as I prefer mil/mil)

I'm sure that if one didn't shoot much or dial the Patrol would be a decent choice. That can be said about most scopes. They're all hobby grade.
Originally Posted by Oheremicus

I find it odd that you test 6 of the 3-9X40 SS scopes and find them to be perfect, adjustments never fail to do exactly what they should, and they never break, etc. According to RD Finn, the Super Sniper scopes are made by Tasco to Chris Farris's specs.

Really? I find it ODD that you would never acknowledge anything R.D. has to say accept when it's to your benefit!!

Do the shirt tail test on the Leupold and then the SS and talk to me about super hard coatings!!!

You wouldn't know [bleep] if you had a mouthful!!!
My friend has one and like Formid said, it tracks weird and doesn't hold a good zero.
Originally Posted by JimD.
My friend has one and like Formid said, it tracks weird and doesn't hold a good zero.

Not possible, Eremicus owns one therefore they are flawless!!!
Can't imagine the innards of the patrol are any different than the other Vx-r series scopes. Fomo is a homer for ss. Sums it up for me.
Imagine is all you're doing.

How many VX-R Patrols have you used?
Formid, curious as to your background? You sure do use lots of scopes and shoot lots and lots of rounds. What's the skinny? Thanks.
I imagine that some would rather not say...

© 24hourcampfire