Home
Posted By: TATELAW Kenton Turret for Meopta - 09/08/14
My elevation turret for my Meostar arrived so I thought I'd post a few pics of the replacement process in case anyone was considering ordering one.

I ordered a standard MOA turret for my 4-12x40. This Meostar has 35 clicks/rev where the other Meostars on the Kenton list are 30 clicks/rev so Kenton had to reconfigure their turret for this model.

This is what came in the package with the instructions
[Linked Image]

The screws and the original turret removed.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Using the factory screws, attached this post
[Linked Image]

Screwed the new shroud onto the original threads
[Linked Image]

New turret attaches with 4 small allen head screws
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1180.photobucket.com/a...204-12x50/IMAG0314_zpsptwzp88e.jpg[/img]

I want to say thanks to Mark at Kenton CS. We emailed back and forth several times to make sure the turrets they used on the other Meostars would work on mine with only modifications for the number of clicks/rev. He kept me updated every couple of days on the progress and called me to place my order to make sure I got the right one.

Once I get a chance to shoot it and do some dialing, I'll post back with further impressions.

Looks like that should work just fine.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Kenton Turret for Meopta - 09/08/14
That's good to know Tate. Thanks for the excellent, detailed pics. Keep us posted how well it works if you don't mind.
Posted By: AMRA Re: Kenton Turret for Meopta - 09/08/14
Is your Turret a general Turret like the M 1 leupold ?
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Kenton Turret for Meopta - 09/08/14
Originally Posted by AMRA
Is your Turret a general Turret like the M 1 leupold ?

I've never used an M1 but I assume they are MOA increments which is what I got for this one. I tend to buy/sell rifles a good bit so this gives me the option of using this scope on another rifle. I could have gotten the turret customized for a certain load, and I might get another turret for that purpose in the future, but the MOA just gives more options for the time being. I can just use my ballistic app on my phone or tape a drop chart to the stock.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Kenton Turret for Meopta - 09/08/14
UBER April Fool's Day "gift".

Kudos for connecting same with 3 of 4 mount fasteners and wing nuts to boot.

Lay that in the backseat in plain view and you'll be able to Handicap Park.
© 24hourcampfire