Home
Which scope would you guys recommend meopta meopro or vx-3?
Leupold
I have both and like them about the same. I couldn't tell that much difference between them.
Meopta. A friend has a 4-12x50 with the #4 reticle. Fantastic low light setup. Glass comparable to his Swaro Z5.

VX3
flip a coin both r great scopes
Either. Reticle choices, weight,turret options and such should be the deciding factor.

Do you have two particular models in mind? What's the application? Some of the Meopta's tend to be heavy. That may or may not be a consideration depending on the rifle and what you are using it for.
Leupold
Don't think you could go wrong either way.
I am looking at a vx-3 3.5-10x50 or 4.5-14x50 or a meopro 3.5-10x44.
Leupie 3.5-10 out of those choices.
I would go Leupold if only for the service. Sent in a 30 year old var x3 sent me a brand new one
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Either. Reticle choices, weight,turret options and such should be the deciding factor.

Do you have two particular models in mind? What's the application? Some of the Meopta's tend to be heavy. That may or may not be a consideration depending on the rifle and what you are using it for.

Concur
I own both and on my last I decided on a VX3. The main reason was it was going on a light weight rifle. I prefer the style of the Leupold adjustments but think the Meopta are more consistent and positive. My next one might very well be a Meopta as it will be on a different rifle with slightly different requirements.
Having sent Leup and Zeiss and Kahles back to the factory a few times, I suspect they are all quite similar. Many whom I associate with, hunts every year, zero's their rifle 5 years ago, shoots once or twice at sub 50 yard deer and the scope will last forever.
© 24hourcampfire