Home
picked up a new meopta meopro with the #4 reticle today. soon as i looked thro it first thing i noticed was how brownish gold the reticle was. moving the scope around i could hardly get it to turn black. if i tilt it to the side to where the scope blacks out all u see is a bright gold reticle. i own 2 other size meoptas with the same reticle and neither do this. and when i make the scope black out on those u cant see the reticle at all. anyone else notice this? should i contact meopta or is this typical in certain models?
It happens with a lot of scopes. It's from light coming in the ocular end.
Yes I have a scope that does that as well and am not only curious as to the whys but MAINLY how to stop it.
my Swarovski z5 does that. Since I am not a cool guy it looks cool when it does it.
i remembr my swaro z3 did it as well. ive heArd mainly wire reticles do it? but pretty sure this meopta is an etched reticle and its verrry noticeable.
Meopro comes with wire reticle. Meostar has the etched one.
ye im just now learning about wire and etched reticles. im gonna take the scope out to a couple of my stands this evening and see if its gonna be an issue in areas i hunt. if so it may be goin back. weird i looked at this same model in a sporting goods store and the reticle stayed bold. wondering if they used etched reticles in some models of this size scope
© 24hourcampfire