Home
With the current $100 rebate bringing out-of-pocket down to $100-ish, is it worth picking up a set? I've seen many comments about a small sweet spot of clarity and a fragile diopter ring but these were from 4-5 years ago. Have they improved over the years? Any models in the line better than others? Thanks.

ETA- to clarify, it's the binoculars I'm asking about.
[Linked Image]
I'm wondering the same thing...
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Bushnell Legend Ultra HDs - 10/08/14
I can hardly see it being a mistake at that price given overwhelming positive reviews.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Bushnell Legend Ultra HDs - 10/08/14
Hey I just found these comparisons I thought might be of interest to you.

http://www.opticsreviewer.com/nikon-monarch-5-vs-bushnell-legend-ultra-hd.html
Thank you for that link!
Posted By: NTG Re: Bushnell Legend Ultra HDs - 10/08/14
Well, I have them in the 8x42 set up and I think they're great. I agree that they're a little better than the Monarch 5, and the Cascades. Heck you can't go wrong getting them for $90 after the rebate (see adorama.com). FWIW, the resin diopter ring that is glued to the metal ring beneath did crack on mine. Bushnell was great about it and took care of it fast without any cost to me.

FWIW I also have a 4.5-14x44 Legend HD scope and like it a lot too.
Thanks NTG. I checked Adorama and both the 8x42 and 10x42 are back-ordered.
Posted By: NTG Re: Bushnell Legend Ultra HDs - 10/09/14
I've used SWFA many times, sometimes with their price match guarantee. Great people to deal with.
is that rebate still active?
I think it expired mid-November. Check the Bushnell site to see if they have anything current.
Finally got my $100 and like the binocs moreso now... I would not have wanted them, the 10x40s, for full price.
© 24hourcampfire