Home
Posted By: okierifleman Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
Anyone have any experience with their spotting scopes? I am looking at upgrading my spotter. I have been looking at Swaro and Leica. I haven't really seen much on the Nightforce. I love their scopes, wondered if their spotters were as good.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
The new NF spotter is a Meopta S2 with different rubber armoring, made by Meopta. One of the best spotters available at any price. If you're really interested, save yourself about $500 and get the S2.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
yeah get the S2 and for gods sake don't pay for retail for the S2 either. best spotter I have ever looked through.
Posted By: Joezone Re: Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
I hear the KOWA also makes a great spotting scope.
Originally Posted by Joezone
I hear the KOWA also makes a great spotting scope.

If you've got $3k burning a hole in your pocket the Kowa 883/884 with the newer WA zoom is a killer combo, but no better than the S2. I had 'em side by side for a few weeks before I came to that conclusion...to my eyes anyway.
Posted By: Trevor60 Re: Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
were is the best place to get the S2.

and for comparison we had a match couple months back where we had all of the top end spotters. (individually purchased)
Kowa Prominator
Nightforce.
Pentax pf
Vortex razor hd
Zeiss
and the largest field of view and clarity went to the Nightforce.

the pentax guy returned his spotter and bought the nightforce.

if the Meopta is the exact scope for hundreds less i am in.
I can 100% guarantee the NF spotter is made by Meopta, and is the same scope with a different rubber armor. You cannot go wrong IMO. I'm not sure where cummins is talking about "not paying retail" but I'd sure check around. Alex @ Europtic is a great place to check.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
If debating between Leica and Swaro, I would get the Swaro. I have the Leica and the glass is nice, but you cannot beat the Swaro focus system.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Nightforce Spotter - 10/20/14
I think the meopta spotter has the same type of focus setup. I like the S2 better than any swaro spotter I have looked at. plus its cheaper too
© 24hourcampfire