Home
Posted By: sidepass CDS combined with TMR - 10/24/14
This is what a leupold tech suggested when I inquired about some windage in a reticule like Swaros W4. VX3 3.5X10 CDS STARTING POINT.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/24/14
I would like to have one. The 3.5-10 is my favorite hunting scope.
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/24/14
Your turret will be in MOA and your reticle in mils. Not unworkable, but diffidently not optimum. Why not get a scope with matching reticle and turrets?
Posted By: sidepass Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/24/14
Such as? isn't that combo common? Looking for options.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/24/14
Sounds like going down the road to a cluster phhuck...IMO
what you really want is a nightforce you just don't know it yet
Posted By: WBill Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/25/14
I'd say you need this verse instead of a TMR.

From Leupolds website: "The TMOA reticle features tic marks in 1 MOA increments on the vertical and horizontal crosshairs, allowing for accurate range estimating and wind drift and bullet drop compensation in the familiar Minute of Angle measurement."
Posted By: sidepass Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/25/14
Thats why im asking
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/25/14
Originally Posted by sidepass
Such as? isn't that combo common? Looking for options.

MOA/mil used to be the only option. Thankfully that's been torn away and it's all going to matching turrets and reticles. There are some MOA/MOA options however there is still relatively few in comparison to mil/mil.

This scope is by far the best variable similar to the 3.5-10x Leupold.

The TMOA reticle is fine in higher powers, however graduations every 1MOA is to small at 10x.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: CDS combined with TMR - 10/25/14
There's a couple "lower to mid-level" Leupys with Mil/Mil. The Mark AR Mod 1 3-9x40 with FireDot TMR, it has a Mil based P5 dial that has 223 drop marks as well as Mils. Then there's the VX-R 3-9x40 Patrol with the same TMR Firedot reticle and P5. The Firedot is just a small dot dead center. They have .1 Mil clicks with 6 Mils per revolution. Of course these aren't uber-sniper scopes for continuous duty from what I have read and not near as burly feeling as the M1 dial, feels like CDS.

Coming up, SWFA generally has good SS deals for Black Friday...
© 24hourcampfire