Home
Posted By: admin100 nikon prostaff bdc - 11/27/14
looking for your pros and cons, im thinking of converting my rifles to one type. thanks for your help, Paul
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: nikon prostaff bdc - 11/27/14
I like the new model Prostaff, but the BDC just does not do it for me. I find it too busy with all the circles, and I like the Burris FF II hash marks better for aiming points. I have a couple of Prostaffs that came on package Savages, but I sight them in conventionally and ignore the circles.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: nikon prostaff bdc - 11/27/14
Guess it depends on how many rifles you have. If you only have a couple, a BDC-type reticle may work because you can remember the holdover/hash marks for each caliber/load. If you have a significant number of rifles, a plex reticle may be the way to go. Only you can decide.

In the last couple of years I've been trending to lower power variables of fixed power scopes with plex type reticles. I've just found they work better for me.

*Just wanted to qualify that I was speaking to hunting scopes, not bench rest. Your needs/usage may be different.*
Posted By: admin100 Re: nikon prostaff bdc - 11/27/14
have you guys fooled with them enough, to tell me about the area that the circle covers at those distances? if i explained that well enough. i wonder why its a circle, as opposed to a type of hash mark. but thank you for your responses!!
Posted By: JGray Re: nikon prostaff bdc - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
�the BDC just does not do it for me. I find it too busy with all the circles�

I have a Monarch with the bdc reticle and this echos my thoughts.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: nikon prostaff bdc - 11/27/14
I have the P223 on my dedicated p-dog rifle with spot on reticle

The marks are pretty damn close vs the website generated data but to use them correctly you must know your true fps and bc

Then practice practice practice but still make a cheat sheet
© 24hourcampfire