Home
If so, whats the good, the bad and the ugly? Its on my short list for a new 300 RUM custom build.

Thanks

WM
Not out yet
Euro-Optic has it listed on their website, give them a call.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Not out yet
I have had one on order since I heard about it, so when it shows up I will update likes, dislikes etc.
I look forward to your report. I have two of the 2.5-10x42 NXS and I would like to see how these compare.
The 3-10 SHV won't ship until later in the year, or so the guys at Nightforce told me at SCI. I looked at it and it looks real good. They expect it to go balls out for them.
I am suprised this wasn't the first model they released.
I think the 4-14 was so successful that it surprised them. This may be a reason for the introduction of the 3-10.

Just my thoughts, I have no inside knowledge of their planning.
Dang I was in hopes it would ship this spring
Releasing a 56 mm scope as the first models didn't make sense to me

Me too.

Thanks for the info guys!!

That's what a lot of guys said about the 3-9X40 Leupold in th early 1960's about the big 40mm lens. I don't see a problem with whatever works. Oblivious Nighrforce didn't make a mistake.
I just went to Euro-Optic and read the description. I suspect there are some errors in the description.

A 3-10x42 scope has a 50mm objective? The recticle is SFP?

For those of you at the SHOT show or SCI, was it 50mm and SFP?
yes I know it is SFP that is what you want in a hunting scope. a scope that only goes to 10x you don't want FFP, it might work with a simple mildot or duplex reticle but not with a MOA style reticle like the MOAR
Originally Posted by Ringman

That's what a lot of guys said about the 3-9X40 Leupold in th early 1960's about the big 40mm lens. I don't see a problem with whatever works. Oblivious Nighrforce didn't make a mistake.

I thought that Leupold scope had a 42 mm objective. Then in the later 70's or so, it went to a 40mm, or I could be mistaken.

Just FYI
Hammerdown,

Thanks. I have often told people if they represented what I know as a period on a printed page what I don't know could be represented by a football field; at least.
Ringman, were all good. I hope the rest of them know it. lol
I wish the 3-10 came with illumination. I don't believe that is an option though.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I wish the 3-10 came with illumination. I don't believe that is an option though.

That would be, mo-betta than good.
Confirming it is a 42mm Objective lense. details below.

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/shv/3-10x42.

Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

That would be, mo-betta than good.

Ever since I got my Nightforce NXS, I have pushed the limits on target shooting hours. It is fun shooting at damn near dark and still making hits.
It would make me think (NXS)

Thanks for the tip
I'm interested in the 4-16x42 ATACR
The 4x16 ATACR would be a nice choice if it didn't weigh 30 oz's......
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
The 4x16 ATACR would be a nice choice if it didn't weigh 30 oz's......

Tactical scope for a heavy barrel rifle.

Excellent optic by all accounts.

BMT
a 30oz scope certainly isn't a best fit for a "mountain" rifle, but it depends on the beginning platform. My Tikka with a 30oz Nightforce is 8lbs 12oz going off memory. Certainly not a tank to carry. I'll take 1 lb of weight if it gives me 100% confidence in the field.
a 30oz scope certainly isn't a best fit for a "mountain" rifle, but it depends on the beginning platform.

A man after my own heart. The scopes on two of my light rifles are 18.1 ounces and 22.8 ounces and they still come in at 7 1/4 pounds or lighter.
Originally Posted by Wondermutt

Me too.

Thanks for the info guys!!

The demos were out at the Great Outdoors Show in PA two weeks ago. It looks like a winner to me, good FOV, decent weight and physical size, and two reticle options. No illumination, and none planned from what the NF rep said.

Pre-orders are available for the first shipment, looking at mid-April for first deliveries is what I was told.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/store/nightforce-shv-4-14x56-clone.html

Looks available
I just got word that the 3-10x42 with moar that I ordered in January is on its way to my house. I was told beginning of March so right on time.
Originally Posted by 8nbait
I just got word that the 3-10x42 with moar that I ordered in January is on its way to my house. I was told beginning of March so right on time.

Eurooptic is showing them in stock.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
So you have one? If you do, feedback would be most appreciated!

Steve
© 24hourcampfire