Home
Posted By: joelbiltz NEW Swarovski EL Range WB - 03/06/15
These are up on the web sight. http://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/binoculars-c200102

After looking them over a wee bit I am very disappointed. Just a few minor changes.
Looks like they put the button you push to range something on the Left side which is good for right handed bowhunters. Also the minimum "range" is now a little over 5 yards instead of 22 yards as on the old model. These are two improvements I'm sure they made with bowhunters in mind.
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
Looks like they put the button you push to range something on the Left side which is good for right handed bowhunters. Also the minimum "range" is now a little over 5 yards instead of 22 yards as on the old model. These are two improvements I'm sure they made with bowhunters in mind.

As a right handed bowhunter I would want the button on the RIGHT side as I hold my bow with my left hand. The button side has NOT changed from the old EL ranges. The minimum distance of 5 yards is the only plus I see on these.
Yea I guess you are right on the range button Joel. Not enough coffee yet. It damn sure is still on the same side.
Posted By: Ebby Re: NEW Swarovski EL Range WB - 03/06/15
Where did you see the minimum range of 5 yds? The old ones were 33 yds and the specs on these also say 33-1500 yds. Another deal breaker for me.

Doesn't look like they did much except add the new strap attachment system and make the button more prominent. I've been waiting on these and I'm pretty disappointed as well.

Zeiss told me at SCI that they have a new one in the works but will be next year at the earliest.

Lee
Seriously, it looks like the only "new" thing is a strap attachment and a better button. WTF? Are they kidding? Same everything else, slightly slimmer profile? I was already looking for excuses to sell my current swaro range ELs, but I will not be doing that. Same thing.

I wanted Swarovision optics, button on the right side, and lower minimum range (better than 33 yards). Looks like we got none of that. I don't know the whole story yet, but if that's the case, it's a major miss by Swaro here.
I bet these will be around $3,500. This is surely a market for everyone here. Ha!
here is the bad part may of us like to use a bino harness type setup, especially with a heavier unit like a combined RF bino, the problem is with that attaching setup your stuck with using their bino strap.
Yea I agree. The new harness attachment system is the WORST design I have ever seen. VERY VERY VERY disappointed in swaro on this one!!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: NEW Swarovski EL Range WB - 03/06/15
Any disappointed people here want to buy a set of Leica 10X42 HD-B range finding binoculars???
The minimum distance is on the spec sheet. I was hoping they'd move the button to the other side. I like mine.
Also I just looked at the minimum range. It is still 33 yards. Don't know where Sheephunter2 came up with the 5 yards.
Maybe I was seeing things this morning. I'll look again. Just trying to keep things stirred up. You know.
I was looking at Shortest Focusing Distance 16.4 feet. I'll drink my coffee before looking at specs from now on I promise. No harm no foul. I agree on the upgrade looks pretty rinky dink. No perfect bino/rangefinder combo out there yet.
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
I was looking at Shortest Focusing Distance 16.4 feet. I'll drink my coffee before looking at specs from now on I promise. No harm no foul. I agree on the upgrade looks pretty rinky dink. No perfect bino/rangefinder combo out there yet.

Lol. Not hatin on you. Just checking. Swaro missed it BIG TIME. I may end up with a pair of EL Ranges but it will be the old pair.
Posted By: JeremyKS Re: NEW Swarovski EL Range WB - 03/07/15
The strap attachment is very weird. Why would they do that?
© 24hourcampfire