Home
Posted By: olblue Vortex Customer Service - 04/17/15
I bought a pair of Vortex 10X42 Talon Binocular slightly used locally and they were missing the front lens cover and the neck strap. I email Vortex in the evening about 10 PM AK time, the next morning by 6 AM I had an email from them saying they had the missing parts in the mail to me. That was last Friday today I received the parts in the mail. No proof of purchase or any question of any kind. I'm impressed. --- Mel smile
Posted By: SKane Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/17/15
Mel-
Similar experience here. I lost the ocular cover for my Viper 6x32 and sent them an email stating I had done such. And if they'd give me a cost - I'd get payment in the mail or CC via phone.

A while later I got a call from Vortex CS confirming my address - insisting they'd be sending a new one free of charge. I argued a bit with them, insisting my dumb@ssery shouldn't cost them money but, alas, I lost the argument. blush

Top notch folks at Vortex.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/17/15
Most guys that use vortex know they have great customer service...
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/17/15
Hey I resemble that remark.
Posted By: Landkiller Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/18/15
Vortex customer service is un-beatable ! They will take care of you.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/18/15
The good will and advertising Vortex is receiving by virtue of taking care of customers will win new business and will certainly pay for any of the parts sent to customers.
I have some of their products and will own more in the future.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/18/15

I have & use several Vortex products......I like 'em

PST's...HST's......HS-LR's...Razor bins

I trust Vortex C/S too.......
Posted By: Ziggy Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/19/15
Originally Posted by olblue
I bought a pair of Vortex 10X42 Talon Binocular slightly used locally and they were missing the front lens cover and the neck strap. I email Vortex in the evening about 10 PM AK time, the next morning by 6 AM I had an email from them saying they had the missing parts in the mail to me. That was last Friday today I received the parts in the mail. No proof of purchase or any question of any kind. I'm impressed. --- Mel smile

How do you like the Talons??? I'm interested
Posted By: olblue Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/19/15
To my eyes they're great. They blow my Zeiss 10x40 classic away. I may have looked through better glass but I can't remember when. Especially for the money. The detail I'm seeing is just incredible. But remember I said "to my eyes" everyone's different. --- Mel
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/19/15
Originally Posted by Ziggy

How do you like the Talons??? I'm interested

Talons and Vipers are very much the same in glass quality and quite good for the money. The Talons are double bridge and the Vipers single bridge. The ergo advantage goes to Vipers for most things, but they cost another hundred.

When comparing them side by side most preferred the Vipers, but not all. Vipers are entry level non-Chinese while the Talons are the top end Chinese-made models.

Neither blows the other out of the water.

Better keep that email address handy. Chances are, you'll need again before you're through.
Posted By: SShooterZ Re: Vortex Customer Service - 04/20/15
Originally Posted by rosco1
Most guys that use vortex know they have great customer service...

Same could be said for Leupold too. Good company to be in.
© 24hourcampfire