Home
looks like a good deal. I've never used these before. Anyone with any feedback?

Viper 2.5-10x44
That's a great deal they're $429 at Optics Planet.
Posted By: RWE Re: Vortex Viper $224.00 @ cabelas - 04/24/15
regular reticle- no experience there.

I like their dead hold which is more expensive (although it may still be too thin - still deciding).

I find the optics good, and I like the turrets.
Just an FYI if you have a store close. Mine had one for $205 in store. - I was just looking for the BDC
I have one and don't like it. Has bad "tunnel vision" when you look through it.
For an HS model that is a helluva price.
Reticles are thin...glass good
Been trying to decide if I should get one...

I paid about the same for a discontinued Viper 2-7 and I really like it. But the rifle it's on would most likely do a little better with a 2.5-10 on it.

Ah screw it... I already have the rings just sitting here. About to place the order!
I do not see any Vortex listed at that price???
Looks like they are gone now.

I loaded my order a few minutes after I posted. I even checked back a few time since then since my order shows as "processing" and they were still listed about an hour or so ago.

Been putting off ordering for a couple days now. Hope one ships to me.
A few days ago I purchased the Vortex Diamondback 4x12x40 with the dead hold BDC at my local Cabelas for $199.99, waiting for the rain to stop so I can go out and see how it works. Also have a Crossfire 4x12x44 dead hold mounted on my 270 wsm, the clarity of the Diamondback is a little better, it equals my Burris Fullfield II, for the money it's hard to beat the Vortex.
Three days ago Cabelas had the 2.5x10x44 Viper HS V plex on sale for $224.88 exc price, seems like the sale is gone now. BUT Camerland offers a demo open box Vortex Viper HS 30mm 2.5x10x44 BDC for $334.99, which is still a very good deal in my mind ! Or a Vortex Diamondback HP Demo 3x12x42 BDC for $259.99 or a Vortex Diamondback HP Demo 4x16x42 BDC for $289.99

He also has the Minox ZA5 #66011 2x10x40 BDC display models for $249 ! Some screaming deals on the last shipment of display models of Minox it seems.
Just my observations folks.
Hmmm... That Minox for $250 sounds mighty tempting. I sold off my 3-9 scopes as I wanted lower magnification. I even passed up a really nice little weaver for cheap as I just don't want 3x on any my rifles. It was a stretch for me to go ahead and get the 2.5 but the price was right. But really I have been looking for a couple of good 1.5-6x40 scopes. A 2-10x40 would work and the BDC is a plus.

I'm not seeing the Minox deal on the website though... If Cabelas doesn't process my order (still pending) I may have to look into that Minox.
© 24hourcampfire