Home
Posted By: StudDuck Which Leupold for T3 Lite? - 04/25/15
I just purchased a Tikka T3 Lite, SS w/fluted barrel. I plan on purchasing a VX2 for it, but I'm undecided if I want the 3-9x40mm or the 2-7x33mm.

The magnification of either scope will suffice; I'm more concerned with aesthetics. Even though the T3 is a light weight rifle, it comes in a full size package and I wasn't sure if the 33mm would look good.

Are the current Leupold Ultra Light scopes suited for larger caliber rifle? I noticed they are advertised/grouped with the rimfire scopes, so I wasn't sure if the were rimfire only.

Thanks.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Which Leupold for T3 Lite? - 04/25/15
It is a light rifle, but long action. Either will work, but I'd put a VX-2 in a 3-9X40 on it. I think it looks better on that rifle.
Posted By: bcraig Re: Which Leupold for T3 Lite? - 04/25/15
I called Leupold years ago and was told the Rimfire scopes could be used on Centerfire rifles as they were as Tough as the regular scopes ,Just the Parralax was different.
The VX1 3-9x40 looks fine on my T3 Superlite.
Posted By: efw Re: Which Leupold for T3 Lite? - 04/25/15
Originally Posted by JMR40
It is a light rifle, but long action. Either will work, but I'd put a VX-2 in a 3-9X40 on it. I think it looks better on that rifle.

^ Yep
Posted By: Ringman Re: Which Leupold for T3 Lite? - 04/25/15
I put a Leupold on my long action titanium.
I have a 3x9x40 VX-2 on my Tikka SL.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Which Leupold for T3 Lite? - 04/27/15
I have a Leupold 3x9 LR on a T3 Tikka Stainless and it looks great.
I have 2 T3s and both have the leupold fx-ii 6x36. I like the setup really well.
A.B.
Originally Posted by outdoorsman74
I have 2 T3s and both have the leupold fx-ii 6x36. I like the setup really well.
A.B.

what he said

or a 2.5-8x36
or a 3.5-10x40

but those are "3's"
© 24hourcampfire