Home
Posted By: Harry Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/12/15
Who is using them? How much are they and where did you find them?
Do you find them a great binoc?
Better tomorrows!
Posted By: Ringman Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/13/15
Harry,

I think that's the one I use. Anyway it is a Minox 15X58 and they are very nice. When I had the chance to compare them with the Swarovski 15X56 I was pleasantly surprised. I rated the Swaros at 100 so I could give the Minox some kind of rating that would mean something to me. I gave the Minox a 97.

I got them from a guy who had them hanging around his neck. He saw my Minox 13X56 on a tripod and asked if I would trade. In a heart beat. We are both very happy. He cut more than a pound from his neck and I got better glass and better low light performance, based on comparison on eye charts.
Posted By: Harry Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/14/15
Thanks...all I need to do now is find a place that has them and buy them. I sold all of my brand new Meopta scopes and binocs I had in classified. Will take that money and put into the Minox.
Better tomorrows!
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/15/15
I have the 15x58 ED and I regard it as a very nice binocular.

If you do a search on this site, Rick Bin, the Admin. did a very
nice review of "Big Eyes" binoculars, the Minox 15x58 is a nice
value in this range, and still is.

I am not able to post a link, but you can find it by doing a google search also.
Posted By: DuckScarer Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/15/15
I think your going to have to look to the used market. Think they have been out of production for sometime. I got mine when Camera land was closing them out and that was awhile ago.

Greg
Posted By: Snipebander Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/16/15
After a search of all the typical places they are out of production. The Nikon 16x56 might be a good alternative at that price point. I have been thinking about getting one of those.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/16/15
Anybody seen the Cabelas Euro (Meopta) 15x56 HD ???
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/17/15
The Minox 15 x 56 are very good for the money too.
Posted By: Anaconda Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/17/15
I got mine from Cameraland, and optically they are very good.
They are big and heavy compared to the Swaros, but my main concern is optics, and like Ringmans rating, I believe they are about 97% of the best in class Swaros. You can spend hours on end looking through them with zero eye strain.

Posted By: Anaconda Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/17/15
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 06/18/15
I used a pair for 5 years or so and saw alot of animals only switched to swaros for weight and low light swaros give you an extra 15 minutes in the morning which can be huge gave them to my brother last year and he loves them
Posted By: Whip Re: Minox 15x58EDBR binoc - 07/15/15
I know this is a bit late to the game, but if the OP is still looking...
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10123874#Post10123874
© 24hourcampfire