Home
For me, I wish they made a 1.75-6x42 w/duplex or #4. I think it would be a great all round scope and work in just about any situation. Now that's me...what about you guys? powdr
Fixed 4x40
3.5-10x40 VX3 with firedot duplex.
4.5-14x40 VX 3 1" with side focus
A 1" tube VX-6 4-24X no more than 18 ounces.
A fixed 10x42 with a choice of either Mil-dot -Mil Quad type or Duplex .
With Lower profile turrets than the SWFA ,brighter than the SWFA for easier use in the woods if needed .
Weighs about 12 ounces
Sells new for less than $300.00

Well you did ask !!

Also start using twin and better quality springs for the erector adjustments.
On every scope they make.
A 4X33mm on the same tube as the 6x36mm with the same eye relief as the 6x.
A fixed 8X with a plain crosshair along the lines of the 6x36.
A longer tubed 2.5-8x36.....
They have my simple needs covered, if fact they have for years.
UncleSoapy,

Why a 4x40? It wouldn't be any brighter than a 4x33, and the larger objective would create a little bit of extra parallax.
I would like a 6X40 and 10X40 that with a 30mm tube, M1's, and readily available in either an MOA/MOA configuration as well as a MIL/MIL configuration.

Keep them priced around $400.00.

Travis
Originally Posted by powdr
For me, I wish they made a 1.75-6x42 w/duplex or #4. I think it would be a great all round scope and work in just about any situation. Now that's me...what about you guys? powdr

this

this
They took a swing at that a few years ago, but they messed up a couple of things.
I think they make a 6x33 as a custom order. I think a long tube 5x33 would be an interesting and useful model.
Matte scopes in 4x and 6x with duplex as standard!!!
A fixed 7.5x36mm.
A 1.5x6x42mm with around at least 60 ft FOV on the bottom end preferably in an affordable VX-2. I have the same scopes from Sightron, Burris and Alpen (all discontinued) and they are my goto rigs.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
A fixed 7.5x36mm.

Yup.... even fixed 8x42...
How about a VX-3 4.5-14x40AO with the eye relief characteristics of the 3.5-10x40?
I'm also all in on Dave and BSA's suggestions. I would buy one of each pdq. powdr
I forgot to add "with at least a heavy duplex" for the same cost as a standard".
FX3 in 4x, HD or such and the 1.5-6x36-42, is a good idea....#4, even # 1, tapered posts, etc.
20-50x80 mark 6
Originally Posted by Ringman

I'd settle for a 30mm version with an illuminated TMOA reticle. 18oz might be asking a bit much, but then again with a slimmer tube it might be possible. 20-21oz wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Most of all, an across the board price drop would be nice !
I'd like to see them bring back the short version of the 1.75-6x, even as a custom shop offering. Don't want them to drop the long tube version, just want the option of the short one that looks so good on Contender Carbines and such. Also, wish they would bring back gloss finish as an option across the board, rather than just specific models. While we're at it, offer more options in silver, particularly the low power variables and fixed powers. I know, I'm dreaming....
Originally Posted by deflave
I would like a 6X40 and 10X40 that with a 30mm tube, M1's, and readily available in either an MOA/MOA configuration as well as a MIL/MIL configuration.

Travis

Exactly what I would like as well.
Originally Posted by Huntr

Travis

Exactly what I would like as well.
Yep! I'd like to put M5s on a fixed power. A redo on the windplex to match the turrets wouldn't suck either.
$100 VX-6.
3x15x44 VX-3 CDS w/FDD. Priced right.
A 6x36 or 6x42 with a simple illuminated dot like in the VXR series with the LR duplex. I don't want a whole row of illuminated dots just one. A second choice would be the same as above but a duplex and a turret.
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Fixed 4x40

Weaver offered a fixed 4.75x40, with great coatings (Grand Slam) and even working adjustments. Eye relief is adequate (~ 3,5").

Discontinued it, because they just could not keep up with demand...

I have mine.

Matte Compact 6 power with side focus parallax adjustment and Leupold Dot
same here.
I'd be happy if they brought back 6x42 Alumina flips for my current scopes....and a fixed FX3 10x would be cool.
Duplicate the optics of the 1.8-5.5x38 Conquest, but 6 oz. lighter.
Exact copy of the SWFA SS 3-9 Mil-quad with a low capped windage turret.

I wish SWFA would make one too.
Originally Posted by bcraig
A fixed 10x42 with a choice of either Mil-dot -Mil Quad type or Duplex .
With Lower profile turrets than the SWFA ,brighter than the SWFA for easier use in the woods if needed .
Weighs about 12 ounces
Sells new for less than $300.00

Well you did ask !!

Also start using twin and better quality springs for the erector adjustments.
On every scope they make.

This.

Of course, a 6x42 with the same mil reticle options (no, the Custom Shop will not put them on the 6x42) would pretty much kick ass as well.
A "duplex" reticle that was thick on the outside and thin on the inside, just like a Zeiss Diavari-C.

Alumina caps for the 6x42.

The 4x33 and 6x36 in an upgraded FX3 configuration.
A 30mm-tube 3-20X60 30mm variable, with low, easily turnable turrets that are dead-nuts reliable for 100,000 rounds on a .338 Lapua, plus an illuminated cross-hatch reticle with 500 aiming points. The scope should weighs 10 ounces and be slim enough to be mounted touching the action top, with alpha-quality glass for the same price as the Redfield 3-9x40.
Be reasonable. 75,000 rounds.
I wish they could add 10 ounces to the 6x42 and shorten eye-relief. That would keep the Euro sluts happy.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I wish they could add 10 ounces to the 6x42 and shorten eye-relief. That would keep the Euro sluts happy.

Make the eyepiece huge too.
Make the main tube on the 6X42 an inch longer. And while at it make twins in 8X and 10X.
2.5-25, 30 mm tube, 42mm OL.
One that was reliable and tracked would be a good start... grin
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Fixed 4x40

+1
Originally Posted by RickF
Make the main tube on the 6X42 an inch longer. And while at it make twins in 8X and 10X.

+1

4x also.
Since Leupold owns the Redfield rights now that they would
bring back a new LO PRO Widefield!
Powdr: I wish Leupold still made the wonderful 8.5x25x40mm with the 1" tube.
In my opinion these were the finest Colony Varminting scopes ever made!
I have three of them now and could use a few more.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
TallPine,

As with Uncle Soapy, I'm wondering why you want a 4x40. He didn't answer, but you might. (I have my suspicions, but want to hear for sure.)
I'd buy an illuminated 6x42 for hog hunting.
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
One that was reliable and tracked would be a good start...

+1

Travis

This, incorporated with a windage hold off reticle that is fine enough for precision work yet can still be seen during low light. Oh… And zero stop.

John
Since we're on a roll, I'll add . . . FFP reticle offerings in the VX-3 and VX-6.
I'd like to see a return of the long tube 4x so I can scope a Savage 110 without using offset rings. Also the return of the 2-1/2 with a heavy duplex option for my 99's.
Post/picket reticle in lower powers.
I'm not a fan of tall target knobs on hunting rifles. CDS is good, short target knobs would be ok too.

I'd like a 6x42 AO with fine duplex and CDS rather than turrets.

I have a 6.5-20X AO fine duplex fitted with CDS from the custom shop. I'd like to have the same setup with a 4.5-14X but haven't gotten around to it.

I'd like to see the 1" tube 3.5-10X available with AO. (And of course, fine duplex and CDS.)
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
UncleSoapy,

Why a 4x40? It wouldn't be any brighter than a 4x33, and the larger objective would create a little bit of extra parallax.

I have and old Nikon Monarch 4x40 thy just looks right on everything I put it on.
Thought a Leupold in that configuration would be cool.
A side-focus (with all the lash problems eliminated), 6-24X varmint scope with a 44mm objective. This geezer needs more magnification than 20X, but hates big 50mm-obj. scopes; imo the (rare) 44mm is the perfect compromise between light-gathering ability and "mount"-ability. Tube size can be either 30mm, or one inch if it has decent adjustment range. VX2 or 3 quality glass at a reasonable price, also. A straight non-variable 24X with simple mil-dot reticle if it'll bring the price down; kind of a SF version of the FX3?
A 2-7 variable that had a inch longer tube for that matter the 4x scopes could be just a bit longer too for easier mounting on long actions. Another suggestion would be a 4x in the redfield line of scopes at a $150 price point.
This short tube Hakko riflescope has a naturally illuminated, multi-color reticle with a fine crosshair and larger circle that gives me a perfect 400 yard reference point for the .221 fireball. Also has fat lines horizontally, and a fat bottom vertical post. Up close, the circle is the perfect size to help center the coyote. The fat lines leading to the fine circle and crosshair really lead your eye perfectly. The colors change by spinning the eyepiece exposing a different colored window each time, which is great for different light conditions. Power is 1.5-5. I've had this scope going on 25 years and it's always performed flawlessly.
These Hakko scopes are gone, but if Leupold were to make one or two with these features, they'd be perfect for an AR or a calling rifle.

[Linked Image]

Replace the dot with a fine crosshair and you're close. The key for my rifle is the circle is bigger than most I see on other scopes.

[Linked Image]
A 2.5x8x36 or 3.5x10x40 with illuminated post reticles like on the Trijicon Accupoints for around $550
A 2-7x28 or 4x28 with the length of the old scopes and the glass of the new.
I am in the camp of the OP and several others. The 1.75-6x42 VX3!
VXR Patrol in 3x12x40 with zero stop.
All the wishing in the world won't bring new products to the table unless someone at Leupold is made aware. Just sayin' . . . .
I do really think the 1.75-6x42 would sell like hot cakes...especially w/a #4a reticle. powdr

Travis

This would be my huckleberry as well.
6X42 VXR, ballistic firedot.
Originally Posted by erich
A 1.5x6x42mm with around at least 60 ft FOV on the bottom end preferably in an affordable VX-2. I have the same scopes from Sightron, Burris and Alpen (all discontinued) and they are my goto rigs.

This in 30mm with a useful reticle like a 4 or 4a
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Travis

This would be my huckleberry as well.

This to between this a 1.5-6×42 they would cover 95 percent of my needs
The 1.5 with a ill. Circle and dot would be great. Even better in FFP. The Kahles I have is a bit fine with crosswise dot at 6x. I had the same in an FFP and liked it better. The 2.5-8 I bought from Sample list is nice but the heavy plex does block out alot of the FOV. A medium 4 would be great.
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
A 2-7x28 or 4x28 with the length of the old scopes and the glass of the new.

This ^^^

The 6x36 could stand to be a bit longer, too.
Off the shelf with mil-dot reticles would be great.
A true M-40 replica Redfield with the ranging feature. (aka'Tombstone')
I just wish the CDS scopes would ship with a Zero Stop from the factory.
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Ditto.

Also, more illuminated 1". They make a few, so it can be done.
Originally Posted by nathanial
I am in the camp of the OP and several others. The 1.75-6x42 VX3!

I have a VX-3 1.75-6x32 with a #4 reticle that the custom shop installed. Why the need for a 42MM objective?
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Yes, ten times over. Why this escapes them, or what technical/bean-counting/marketing barrier exists, I dunno.
A 1in tube, 1.5-8x40 VX6 for mounting on hunting rifles when walking them up. Longer tube for ease of mounting on long actions or rifles like the Ruger No.1 or a barrel mount on a BLR takedown.

Longish eye relief of 5in or so, with a heavier duplex reticle than standard, but thinner than the #4, and a dot 6MOA down from the crosshair.

Should come in Gloss or Matte finish.
2.5-8x36mm with 30mm tube.
Originally Posted by JRS3

They already do.
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by JRS3

They already do.

Besides the tactical version, where did you see it?
The tactical version is the one.
CDS equipped VXR 6x42 Illuminated #4

Any lightweight variable with big eyebox, a low end of 3x or lower, a max of 9x, a max objective of 36mm, and that adjusts precisely.

Leup has all of it right except for the last one......

I tried for almost a year to buy one of these before they decided not to make it: Leica ER 5, 1.5-8x32 Riflescope , FOV 67'-13.5', Plex or 4a reticle, 12 oz. If Leupold made one for under $1000.00 I'd buy two. I love it the way it is but if given a choice I would make it on a 1" tube with 36mm objective.
A FX6hd 7x50 heavy duplex 1" tube with ZL2 elevation turret
Zeiss made a nice 1.8-5.4x36 but it was 3 feet long and 18oz.
They have my needs pretty well covered.
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by Ringman

I'd settle for a 30mm version with an illuminated TMOA reticle. 18oz might be asking a bit much, but then again with a slimmer tube it might be possible. 20-21oz wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Most of all, an across the board price drop would be nice !

I’d be on either real quick, and I don’t even buy Leupold any more.
I'd like to see Leupold make scopes with a redesigned erector mechanism that tracks accurately and consistently.
^^^^^^^
This
[quote=Labman95]I'd like to see Leupold make scopes with a redesigned erector mechanism that tracks accurately and consistently. [/quote
What he said.
That would require that they actually start giving a chit about hunters and shooters again instead of just paying lip service to us with slick marketing campaigns. They overpromise and under deliver.
A 4.5-14x50 with AO rather than side focus
A 4x36 in the plain old duplex reticle. VX III quality glass. More reliable windage and elevation adjustments.
Originally Posted by 340boy
A 4x36 in the plain old duplex reticle. VX III quality glass. More reliable windage and elevation adjustments.

I could like that also. Especially for heavy kickers
BRING BACK THE GLOSS FINISH!!!!!!! Nothing looks worse (to me) than a nice custom gun with nice deep bluing and glossy wood and a matte scope! Other than that, they have what I want covered.
Preferably they would make one that functions properly tracks and holds zero. All the schit they try to pass off now is absolutely horrid at all of the above.
Originally Posted by bobinpa
BRING BACK THE GLOSS FINISH!!!!!!! Nothing looks worse (to me) than a nice custom gun with nice deep bluing and glossy wood and a matte scope! Other than that, they have what I want covered.

Proof that opinions vary. I've never seen a gloss scope that looks good on any rifle. grin

I really like the Leupolds and from a utility perspective liked my VX2, until it stopped pointing in the same spot all the time. So I'd just like to see some robustness added in even if it adds an ounce or two.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Preferably they would make one that functions properly tracks and holds zero. All the schit they try to pass off now is absolutely horrid at all of the above.

Absolutely agree. If they are going to put out junk, then the price should reflect it, but they are priced as if they are totally reliable.
wished leupold made? umm how about a scope that had nightforce reliable tracking, put your lowest tier glass in it. hell redfield glass. just make the damn thing solid mechanically. oh one last thing I am not a fan of leupolds optical formula, eye relief is a tad too long most of the time. this make the image you see in the scope smaller. when coming from other scopes I always thought to myself that sure doesnt' look like 3x ! The coatings also bounce alot of stray light when trying to use a gun light if you shoot the gun at night. aww nevermind my very last leupold is listed for sale on ebay right now.
2-10X40 with standard duplex reticle, 30 mm tube, elevation turret that tracts well, Zero stop, caped windage reticle, 4" eye relief. to me this would be the perfect muzzle loader scope. Oh and lets keep it in the $300 range.
What are some scopes you wished leupold made? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ones that track like advertised, ones that don't require shims as a band aid solution, ones that wont drift 1.5 inches high and 1 inch left after you "zeroed" it, ones that will pair 2 shots after you optically center out the scope, Ones that don't move diagonally 15" to the 4 O clock off target when you give em 2 1/4" clicks right at 100 yds. Ones that can shoot a square and not a grossly out of spec trapiziod descending to the lower right.
Originally Posted by sbhooper

Absolutely agree. If they are going to put out junk, then the price should reflect it, but they are priced as if they are totally reliable.

But their warranty is soooooooo great, they sent me a brand new vx3i 3.5-10x40 for the original abortion one I had to send back to them(see previous post) sold that brand new in the plastic abortion for $275 the next day. Never buy leupold again. Don't trust em one bit.....
A 4.75x like Weaver did some years ago.
A mid range variable that could handle the recoil of my 340 Wby and has 4" eye relief. Or just a scope that doesn't break!
4x with FX-3 quality glass ( or even "best quality" glass available) , 1 inch tube, click adjustments w/e. Near 4" eye relief. Not too concerned if 32, or 36 mm objective.

8x56 AO, 30 mm tube, FX-3 or better quality glass, click w/e adjustments

3x or 4x fixed power, 30 mm straight tube ( and long enough for long actions), Premium glass, click w/e adjustments.

I'll gladly take one of each to do testing, and report back to you folks with results.
A scope that will move the point of impact 3/4" left at 200 with 6 clicks left rather than 3".
Originally Posted by renegade50
What are some scopes you wished leupold made? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ones that track like advertised, ones that don't require shims as a band aid solution, ones that wont drift 1.5 inches high and 1 inch left after you "zeroed" it, ones that will pair 2 shots after you optically center out the scope, Ones that don't move diagonally 15" to the 4 O clock off target when you give em 2 1/4" clicks right at 100 yds. Ones that can shoot a square and not a grossly out of spec trapiziod descending to the lower right.

Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by sbhooper

But their warranty is soooooooo great, they sent me a brand new vx3i 3.5-10x40 for the original abortion one I had to send back to them(see previous post) sold that brand new in the plastic abortion for $275 the next day. Never buy leupold again. Don't trust em one bit.....

I tried to stay out of this one. But couldn't resist saying I'm in this guys camp!!!!!!! WTF Could loopy have that many fanboys having wet dreams about wanting a bunch of scammers, make something someone else already makes the right way????? Unfreakin believable!!!!

Take care, Willie
6x42 with M1 turrets in MILs, in both 1" and 30mm options. And have it perform as advertised.
I suggest one of you grow some gonads and send this information to Leupold instead of acting like school girls.
Because all who work for Leupold just make scopes and don't hunt or shoot and have no clue about the internet and reading hunting forums and following social media.
Originally Posted by RDW
A scope that will move the point of impact 3/4" left at 200 with 6 clicks left rather than 3".

This
vx3i should be available in 2-10 not 3.5-10.
thats one thing that bugs me
FXR3 5x42 Firedot 4
© 24hourcampfire