Home
Has anyone tried these scopes? I've always been a Leupold fan and love the fact their made in the USA, but want to spend it wisely. Looking for some solid information before I pull the trigger. Feedback is appreciated.
I had both the HD and non HD in that spotter. Both are very good-about as good as any spotter I've used. I ended up with one that has a bit more magnification for what I do but could easily be happy with the Leupold for 90% of the time. Hard to go wrong with up end Leupold glass, plus you can usually find a used one priced right.

I packed mine a lot and it is one of the easiest to carry spotters also.
Here's a good price on "last year's" model.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/421405-REG/Leupold_61060_Golden_Ring_HD_2_4_60mm.html
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Thanks man, Ive been looking for one. This is a hell of a deal
You're welcome. They had a good price on the non-HD a couple months ago so I picked one of those up.
I picked up a Non HD model a few months ago and am very happy with it.
Have had one for close to 20 years, excellent scope for the money, still use it for guiding here in NZ.
Thank you for the replies. I believe I'm getting one for the fall season.
How much difference, HD vs. non-HD?

DF
I am NOT any kind of optics expert but compared them side by side and honestly I could not tell the difference. I bought the non HD and am happy with it.
I used to own the HD model. its a decent scope really long eye relief which is very very nice. if you wear glasses I would highly recommend it. IMO however the glass is outclassed by some cheaper offerings in particluar with the vortex viper HD. the view tends to really darken above 30x with the gold ring. In fact I didn't normally run the scope above 30x at all. If the glass was substantially upgraded I would look at it again.
© 24hourcampfire