Home
Posted By: Snowwolfe Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/03/15
Considering buying one of these to mount on a CZ 17 Hornet. I like the fact you can adjust the parallax from the side and the fast focus eye piece.
Never owned a Monarch 3 so looking for opinions of those who have. Not looking for suggestions of other scopes, just want to know if this is a good scope for $400.
Thanks
Posted By: Huntz Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/03/15
Yes it is.
Posted By: 1234 Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/03/15
i have one and like it a lot.

Ed
Originally Posted by Huntz
Yes it is.

^^^^^^
Posted By: bman940 Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/05/15
Nikon's M-223 3-12 is one of my favorites in the M-223 series of scope's. I get plenty of magnification for my older eye's and the clarity and performance of the MONARCH line of glass. I pulled this off the Nikon web site for you just in case you wanted to save some $. Also check out some of 24's Sponsor's to see if they can help you out with the Promo. I had a M-223 3-12 on my .17 hmr then swapped out a PROSTAFF 4-12 BDC.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Nikon-Products/Riflescopes/M-223-3-12x42SF-BDC-600---------.html
Posted By: slowr1der Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/05/15
If interested message me, I have a Nikon March 3 4-16x42 that I'm considering selling.

That said, I like these scopes. They have good glass, good adjustments, and hold up well. It's not my favorite scope by any means, but for the price they are a good choice.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/05/15
I wouldn't mind buying a used scope in excellent condition. Five guys sent me PM's offering me theirs.
So if you have a lightly used scope with the Nikkoplex reticle I am interested but only if its a Nikkoplex.
Posted By: slowr1der Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/06/15
Sorry, mine is the BDC reticle. I had one with the Nikkoplex as well, but I sold it a while back. The plus side to these things is that they don't hold their value very well, so you can save a lot buying a like new one over a new one.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/08/15
Ending up buying a used one with the BDC reticle. Price and condition was right so will give the reticle a try.
Posted By: Dre Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/09/15
First Nikon monarch?
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/09/15
Let us know how eye relief works in hunting situations for you. Reason I ask is because I a bought a 3-12x42 Sightron I really liked until I tried to hunt with it. Awful tire ring affect. I am curious to see if it was mostly model specific
(as I suspect) or if there is something just wonky about the configuration in general. Hope it works out for you . Congrats- Monarchs are very nice.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/09/15
I have a Monarch 2x7 on a Browning BLR .358.
As far as Sightron's go, I gave up on them awhile back for the same reason. The eye relief is really weird and they are difficult to resell.

Will not be able to try out the Monarch 3x12 for a couple of weeks because I will be traveling when it arrives at my house. One of the things I like about most of the Nikon scopes I own is the quick focus eye piece. Really comes in handy as some days I wear my glasses and some days I don't. Find myself buying fewer and fewer Leupolds because most lack this feature.

Just "won" a second Monarch 3, 3x12 with the Nikkoplex new in box on Ebay for $305. They seem to be heavily discounted as of late. Wonder if a new model is coming out?
Posted By: bludog Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/10/15
I used to own Monarchs and Sightrons. It's Trijicon or Leupold these days (and one Zeiss). Eye box in hunting situations is what converted me.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Nikon MONARCH 3-12x42 - 07/10/15
Own a couple of Leupold VX-2 4x12's with AO. One on a AR .223 and another on a CZ .204. Optics are very good. Only two complaints is the lack of being quick focus and having to reach over to the end of the scope to adjust for parallax.
Wanted to try something different so am giving the Monarch 3's a go. Time will tell.
© 24hourcampfire