Home
Posted By: hawkman0206 Anyone Use a Weaver V16? - 07/07/15
I have a new 22-250 that is going to be primarily used for calling coyotes and prairie dog hunting, and was looking at new optics for it. I like the Weaver V16 for the price and the features. Anyone run one and how's it working for you? I am also open to other suggestions as long is they are sub $400-$500. Thanks!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Anyone Use a Weaver V16? - 07/07/15

Had one many years ago....same use as you've mentioned...

I always look to Vortex for my glass needs first...

Take a look at this 4-16 HS-T....resettable turrets much more useful

than the Weavers V16....Zero shim stops are a plus too...have one of

these on my 20 Vartarg..like it.....$570 @ CameralandNY

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-hs-t-4-16x44-riflescope-with-vmr-1-moa-reticle

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviperhs-t4-16x44
Posted By: Huntz Re: Anyone Use a Weaver V16? - 07/07/15
Originally Posted by hawkman0206
I have a new 22-250 that is going to be primarily used for calling coyotes and prairie dog hunting, and was looking at new optics for it. I like the Weaver V16 for the price and the features. Anyone run one and how's it working for you? I am also open to other suggestions as long is they are sub $400-$500. Thanks!

I run a V16 with ballistic plex on my AR.Ask the prairie rats if they are impressed!!! shocked
The V-16 is a good scope; not quite as good as my 4-16X Sightron SII Big Sky, but more reasonably priced. BUT, for about the same price ($329), you can buy a 6-20X Vortex Viper with a BDC reticle from Midway-USA through July. (And please: no silly arguments from anyone claiming this would be "too much scope". You can always turn the power down; that's why it's called variable)!
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Anyone Use a Weaver V16? - 07/07/15
I have several of them and like them. Liked them better when Natchez had them on sale for $210+/-.

The best buy that I've seen recently is the Sightron S1 4-12AO for $145+/- from Natchez.
© 24hourcampfire