Home
I don't have a decent spotter and am considering one of these. Local guy has one for $300 and I'm debating picking it up. While it's miles from Zeiss, the price is as well and I'm looking at this much more for range work than for hunting. It is the straight eyepiece model instead of the angled one.

Is it worth a look or should I pass? Anybody have experience with one?
Roll, I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon so I have used dang near every product they make. That is an excellent price on a nice Spotter. The PROSTAFF 5 will do all you want it to at the range. Very nice glass,tough and backed by Nikon. I like the straight over angeled eye pieces for range use. Having 2 trip-pods is nice too. One stout 6'6" and one nice table top design.
I can't help with that Nikon

But over the past 6 years I have owned 3 value priced spotters

2 Leupold Sequoia's 15-45x60
1 Nikon Prostaff 3 .....16x48x60

I am now the proud owner of a Leupold 12-40x60 Gold Ring and wish I had all that money that I spent on all those other spotters put towards other quality gear
Originally Posted by Rolltide
Is it worth a look or should I pass? Anybody have experience with one?

At $300, I'd give it a good look. If it's the kit (which includes the tripod, cover) it's a very good deal. I have and use mine for range work (with the straight eye piece). I do NOT hunt with it (no point around here). I have been more than pleased with it.

Good luck.
Rob
Thanks for the replies.

It appears that this is the original Prostaff with box, paperwork and the padded cover. No tripod included.

I'm just not sure about that money on the original Prostaff...
© 24hourcampfire