Home
Euro optics is selling a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 Zplex Riflescope for 299.00 Is there anything anybody can tell me about this scope or this company? It seems to be a very low price for this scope? Thanks in advance.

The ones I have are excellent scopes and that is a great price.
thanks Bearcat... It seems like the too good to be true scenario.
Originally Posted by sailor04250
Euro optics is selling a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 Zplex Riflescope for 299.00 Is there anything anybody can tell me about this scope or this company? It seems to be a very low price for this scope? Thanks in advance.

Seems to me it's a closeout on older model scope.

At that price, the Conquest may be the best value in good glass currently on the market.

D
Bought my 4x Conquest from them. Good scopes and good people to deal with.

I paid $275 for mine. I agree with the other guys, it sounds like they are closing them out.
Eurooptic bought a large portion of the remaining Conquest inventory from Zeiss. The eyepiece will have their name on one side. Other than that - it's the Conquest 3-9x40. I bought one when they were a$329. Based on the new price, I'll probably be ordering another. I wouldn't hesitate on the purchase. However, I seem to recall reading somewhere here on the forum that someone sent in a conquest for service and was told by Zeiss they no longer could repair those scopes. They offered a new Terra in return but the owner ended up with a new HD at no charge. You may want to confirm warranty support on the Conquest.
Yep. Closeout. Nothing to be afraid of. I bought one back in February when they were asking $330 -- whittled them down to $300. It's for my Savage 10ML. Wish I had the available cash for one or two more.

Steve.
best scope you can buy for the money.
Originally Posted by bea175
best scope you can buy for the money.

Yep
Here is the website in case anyone is looking:

http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conq...ting-turrets-matte-black-5214609920.aspx

I just bought one myself.
It's pretty good for the eye relief situation on a Ruger #1 if you can't stand Ruger offset rings. The large eyepiece does hang over the loading port area though.
Originally Posted by desertoakie
Here is the website in case anyone is looking:

http://www.eurooptic.com/zeiss-conq...ting-turrets-matte-black-5214609920.aspx

I just bought one myself.

My take, when these are gone, they are gone.

The next batch of Conquests will be in the $5-800 range, the Terra's in the $3-400 range, of course Alpha Euros in the $2K range.

DF
Someone on this forum posted that the Conquest 3-9x40 has severe parallax issues at 200 yards or more. Anyway, at the price they are I'll take the risk.

I think the best deal around is Cameraland's GDLE 3.5-10x44 Meopro. same turrets and optics without the worry of Zeiss' warrantee system. I have both, no more Conquests for me.
That certainly appears to be the deal of the century. Almost worth buying one just to have as a back-up.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
That certainly appears to be the deal of the century. Almost worth buying one just to have as a back-up.

Had that same thought.

DF
Hell of a good deal on a great scope..
I have one on my 375H&H and its served me very well. Tough, rugged, and dependable is all words you can use with Zeiss. You wont go wrong with this scope

Its exactly as good as my Trijicon for a third of the price.
Got one on my .375 H&H, too.

I mounted it to do load development, liked the way it works so it may have found a home.

DF

[Linked Image]
The label on the box on mine, which appeared to be a Zeiss factory label, had EuroOptic on it. I assumed that meant Zeiss was doing special runs just for EO, and that they will likely be available indefinitely. Could be wrong.

Natchez Shooter's Supply did something with Weaver where they had such great results on their clearance of some made-in-Japan Grand Slam scopes that they now have perpetual clearance pricing of the same scopes, just made in the Philippines. Some people like them as well, some people say they aren't as good.

I'm happy with the glass on my Conquest so far. Haven't checked parallax at long range yet.
Just got this one in from Euro Optics. For $299.00, plus $12.00 shipping, it is probably the best deal in a great scope you can get. I'll probably buy another because they're so cheap.
Bob

[Linked Image]
I've got 4 or 5 sitting in the safe for a rainy day. Can't beat the optics for this price.
I have one on a Ruger M77 .270 and it fits that rifle perfectly. They are a great scope for the money.
Link to Meopta 3-9x4

Eurooptic is just having Meopta build them a special run of Conquests, just like they are building the special run of 3.5-10x44 scopes for Cameraland.
Gee thanks guys.... another 600 out the door. LOL.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Link to Meopta 3-9x4

Eurooptic is just having Meopta build them a special run of Conquests, just like they are building the special run of 3.5-10x44 scopes for Cameraland.

So any chance Meopta is offering repair service or reticle changes on these? Because last time I checked, Zeiss was no longer servicing them because Zeiss discontinued them.
Looks like the 3-9 has a bit more ER than the 3.5-10 x 44.
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Link to Meopta 3-9x4

So any chance Meopta is offering repair service or reticle changes on these? Because last time I checked, Zeiss was no longer servicing them because Zeiss discontinued them.

you would have to ask Zeiss, Meopta is only the OEM . Hard to believe Zeiss will no longer have them serviced.
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

I paid $275 for mine. I agree with the other guys, it sounds like they are closing them out.

Where did you buy a new one for $275 ?
As of 2 days ago, Meopta will not change reticles in any of there scopes.
I have two, one is on a .300 RUM and one on a .270 both are 3X9 and both from early 2000, and clear as a bell one of my better investments !!!!
Bought one about a month ago and loved it. I bought a second one, but this one had different colored fonts on different parts of the scope. I got nervous, so I called Zeiss, and they told me these were not in their system, and could not warranty it. It made me nervous, so I returned the second one.
I now regret that decision, because that first one is a sweet scope.
$299 is a very good price. Zeiss sold some as low as $250 when they were closing them out a few years ago. I bought mine when they were $550 and felt it was worth that price. Shortly after I bought mine the price dropped to $399.

If this supply dries up Cabelas is marketing the exact same scope at $399. I found one in the Bargain Cave recently for $279. It has Cabelas name on the scope with Meopta in small print on the bottom where it wouldn't be seen once mounted. The 3-9X40 version is identical in every way to the Conquest I have.

I cant get a link to work, but it is the Cabelas Instinct Euro scope.
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics2/meopta.pl?page=meopta541800
Mepro 3.5-10x42 for 349.00.
I have several of the Meopta-made Zeiss Conquests, and I just love them.

I'm looking at additional scope purchases, but I haven't heard any comments or feed back about Meopta's customer service and warranty.

Anyone have any experience with ether?
Originally Posted by SRShooter
I have several of the Meopta-made Zeiss Conquests, and I just love them.

I'm looking at additional scope purchases, but I haven't heard any comments or feed back about Meopta's customer service and warranty.

Anyone have any experience with ether?

Bought a discontinued older fixed power Meostar scope from Ebay . Meopta said they no longer made them but would replace it with my choice of 30mm or 1 inch scope tubes which cost much more then what I paid for the used scope. CS is easy to get hold of and they will take care of you.
I have no dog in this hunt, but I can't think of a good reason why Meopta, even tough they're the original OEM for the Conquest, would do service work on a Zeiss product, unless you go through Zeiss CS....? Am I missing something here?
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I have no dog in this hunt, but I can't think of a good reason why Meopta, even tough they're the original OEM for the Conquest, would do service work on a Zeiss product, unless you go through Zeiss CS....? Am I missing something here?

As far as I know the internal lenses and erector mechanism was made by zeiss for their Conquest line.
I'm getting confused. I know, easy to do to me.

Is the Zeiss Conquest being closed out?
Has Meopta purchased rights to make it under the Zeiss name?
Id Meopta is making it, will it continue to be available? Or is this temporary?
How does this benefit Meopta, or Zeiss?

Steve.
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter

Yes the lineup has been replaced by the conquest HD
Meopta is the OEM who has been making it from day one for Zeiss
AS long as it sells Meopta will make it

It benefits Meopta, zeiss is out of the picture

Steve.

Steve.

Thanks. So Meopta does have the trademark rights to the Zeiss/Conquest name for this scope.

And, for as long as it sells, the Conquest will be presumably sold at roughly the $300 price tag. The question has been asked about warranty. Apparently Zeiss isn't backing these scopes, so Meopta would?

I think the Conquest I bought last February from EuroOptics is a closeout. Wouldn't mind having another.

Steve.

3-9x40 new...:)
Meopta made all the older Zeiss Conquest is what i was told by a guy who used to work for Zeiss.

Steve.

Thanks. So Meopta does have the trademark rights to the Zeiss/Conquest name for this scope.
Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 is Meoptas version and it does not sell for 300 dollars. the 300 $ conquests could be a final run for Zeiss, they might have a bunch of tubes and assemblies still in stock.

And, for as long as it sells, the Conquest will be presumably sold at roughly the $300 price tag. The question has been asked about warranty. Apparently Zeiss isn't backing these scopes, so Meopta would?

Have you checked with Zeiss to see if they warranty their own product?

Why would meopta warranty another manufacturers scope?
That would be like sending a Bushnell scope directly to Light Optical Works.

I think the Conquest I bought last February from EuroOptics is a closeout. Wouldn't mind having another.

Steve.
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Meopta made all the older Zeiss Conquest is what i was told by a guy who used to work for Zeiss.

Meopta is located in LI NY as is the location of the purported Zeiss assembly plant.
Originally Posted by tomk

Not selling for 300 either grin
© 24hourcampfire