Home
where do you obtain it?

I have had the same soft brass sheet of shimming material for so long that now when I need to replace it I am wondering if this is still the material of choice for many, or if there is another material that is better liked?

Then, where do you go to obtain this scope ring or scope base shimming material?

I have a 10/22 lgiht varmint model whose reciever holes were put in just enough 'off' that I cannot be zero'ed, but it shoots such itty bitty groups I don't want to send it off and have it re done or played with by the factory.

Thanks in advance.
Instead of brass, just use insurance forms or subpoenas you sack of chit!

Originally Posted by safariman
where do you obtain it?

I have had the same soft brass sheet of shimming material for so long that now when I need to replace it I am wondering if this is still the material of choice for many, or if there is another material that is better liked?

Then, where do you go to obtain this scope ring or scope base shimming material?

I have a 10/22 lgiht varmint model whose reciever holes were put in just enough 'off' that I cannot be zero'ed, but it shoots such itty bitty groups I don't want to send it off and have it re done or played with by the factory.

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Instead of brass, just use insurance forms or subpoenas you sack of chit!

You beat me to it!

P
Originally Posted by deflave

Holy chitt, LMAO!
Go buy a case of beer.
Maybe you'll think of some way to find some sheet aluminum before you finish it all. cool
Yup, aluminum cans.
And happy Thanksgiving Safariman.
Love it! Just made my day.

This place is kind of like a combination of the Red Green Show and Howard Stern.
It's a good thing that this is a virtual campfire. If it was real, anyone with an milligram of character would ostracize you for your history of bad acts and total lack of contrition.

Have you ever read the fable of the scorpion and the frog?
Looks like this thread will aptly end on page one. cool
As long as the shim material is UBER, you'll have no issues!!
Originally Posted by 300MAG
As long as the shim material is UBER, you'll have no issues!!

Winner of the internet for today.

Why some people keep coming back amazes me.
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Looks like this thread will aptly end on page one. cool

No. I think not.
Slime?
Ha that was CLASSIC... Er... UBER (is that one-B or two??)
© 24hourcampfire