Home
I ordered a 6x42MQ with the Low rings and level

I would like to see some pics of your rifle with an Swfa scope on it.

A brief reason why you got the scope you got and comments on what you like about it and what you dont like about it.

AND does ANYONE actually use the level and what do you think of it?
SS HD 1-6 because I wanted a magnified optic for this AR and the reticle in this one works for me. Nothing I don't like about it.

[Linked Image]

Had a couple of the 5-20's. I preferred the G2 reticle of the Bushnell for the guns they were on so I sold them.
Crappy pic, but was already in PB. 6x on a 22 with a 25MOA base. Sole reason for it was the ability to dial large which it does exceptionally well:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Montucky .280Ackley with SS 3-9MQ

No Level

Bought it to have a scope with matching reticle and turrets. Repeatable tracking and return to actual zero don't suck either.

Have since replaced all Leupolds on hunting rifles with the 3-9MQ.

12X on the heavy 30-06.

Lots of travel, excellent LR reticle. Rear parallax is great for southpaw. Also I like that on a LH rifle, the scope is slick above the loading/ejection port.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
12X on the heavy 30-06.

Lots of travel, excellent LR reticle. Rear parallax is great for southpaw. Also I like that on a LH rifle, the scope is slick above the loading/ejection port.

[Linked Image]
Montana Marine-someone pulled a very cruel trick on you. The bolt's on the wrong side of the gun!
I probably don't demand as much of my scopes as many here but there's just isn't another $300 package out there that offered what the SS line does. The first one purchased was to do some longer range .22 shooting and I haven't bought anything different since... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
3-9x42mm's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

6x42mm's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Do you like the 3-9 or the 6 better
Form,

Which chambering for the Tikka?
6x42 MQ classic
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Losing interest in variables.

Originally Posted by Kaleb
Do you like the 3-9 or the 6 better

Yes.... grin.

They're both solid. The 6x covers the hunting rifles very well and I would be hard pressed to buy anything else over it.

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Form,

Which chambering for the Tikka?

10x MQ on Creedance and a skanky yote.
[Linked Image]

Sorry. No deceased four legged critters to show off with it. Trust me I've tried! 6x42 MD/MOA Rear focus on a DPMS/M&P Combo [img:left][Linked Image][/img]
5-20 in Seekins hardware

[Linked Image]
16x42 sorry for the cell phone pic

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Also I like that on a LH rifle, the scope is slick above the loading/ejection port.

On my heavy 308 right handed I rotated the scope 90 degrees so that I had that same effect for clearance.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Circa 2004...

An Old School 10x Mil-Dot on a BDL-V 6mm Rem... and my main man Doug, miss you brother....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That scope has been on a few. Next up is a 6X on a M70.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
5-20 HD Seekins rings

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

6x Mildot version on a Ruger M77 Target 22LR. Dialed and popped a crow at 123yds from my back door yesterday. Very fun combo!
[Linked Image]

3-15x42 on a self-built 223wylde AR
Fast twisted 7mm Remington with Seekins lows and a 6x SS milquad.

[Linked Image]
That is sweet looking.
[Linked Image]
6.5-06 wearing Nightforce one piece mount with 20 moa on it. Scope is a 3-9 milquad at present, but Black Friday 6x is going to replace it. The Nightforce mount seems to work quite well with long action 700s and SS scopes. I bedded it to the action and it seems very strong. A mount option you don't see much and offers a lot for the weight.
Where is the best place to purchase these scopes.
Thanks.
www.swfa.com
Originally Posted by 16bore
That scope has been on a few. Next up is a 6X on a M70.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Whats up with the tape on the end of the Scopes ?
Butler Creeks tend to fall off of these. I'll be taping mine on next. Might go black tape though:)
Ruger VT .25-06AI
SWFA SS 3-9x42

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 30338
[Linked Image]
6.5-06 wearing Nightforce one piece mount with 20 moa on it. Scope is a 3-9 milquad at present, but Black Friday 6x is going to replace it. The Nightforce mount seems to work quite well with long action 700s and SS scopes. I bedded it to the action and it seems very strong. A mount option you don't see much and offers a lot for the weight.

Is that a steel mount or aluminum ?
Aluminum and low version is pictured.
Sons Ruger Amer. 6.5 Creed with 6 X SS Mil Quad Christmas present when he comes home from AK Air Guard training this month. [Linked Image]

Can you buy Ruger Picatinny mounts from Ruger or where for a Ruger American so you do not have to modify the Weaver style groove? If so please post link. Found some
http://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...on-20-moa-sku296000218-23160-127687.aspx
Originally Posted by 30338
Fast twisted 7mm Remington with Seekins lows and a 6x SS milquad.

[Linked Image]

Wow! Nice rifle.
Arrived yesterday and promptly mounted

[Linked Image]

The low rings have plenty of clearance on a 20moa seekins rail on the 700. The SSALT mount seems fairly robust on the AR.
My 6x arrived today..It went on my 260ai..

[Linked Image]

6 X on 6.5 X 284
[Linked Image]

New Ruger AR 1X4 with SALT mount
[Linked Image]
Good looking lefty bolt gun there KK.
AR50 with SS 20x. Replaced a NF NXS 5.5-22 when $$ got tight. The SS does the job, but I do miss the NF.

[Linked Image]
Never seen one..............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
How far do you guys shoot with a 6x
The whole way.....

Actually, I'm limited to 505. Chip shot for some I'm sure, but keeping the target in the glass is good juju.

The center of the center is still the center.
I.E. follow through
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
How far do you guys shoot with a 6x

I don't have a place to shoot long range, but I assure you more precise work can be done with 6x than some, or even most, believe.

For example I used a Leupold 6x42AO on a Rem 700 5R Milspec at 300 yards to place ten shots whose centers all fit within a 2.25" circle. The mean radius is .79 inches.
So 500 is not to far
I was shooting steel at 940 yards with a couple yesterday.
Never seen one..............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
So 500 is not to far

Not for some, but no problem with 6X. Leupolds though, and yes, this was before I learned how to add more powder to the case.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Waiting on a 6x SWFA SS for my Ruger Predator in .260 remington.
Just for looks....

[Linked Image]
That is a good looking rifle on a FRIGHTENINGLY clean loading bench! smile
Ring and base combo?
Haven't loaded a round of ammo in months....

The rings are Warnes, bases some cheap ass Weavers. If I were really going to mount that scope it'd be Dual Dovetails or LW's.
© 24hourcampfire