Home
A short film review of the newish Leupold VX6 1-6x24 Multigun CDS with CMR2 reticle, on my 13.5" AR for 3gun/hunting. I like it a lot so far. It's very light, has a good reticle, good eye relief & eye box, is fast to use but still precise enough for accuracy, has a good simple reticle and decent adjustments. Downsides are minor fisheye distortion, illumination isn't *super* bright, and the turrets are a bit [bleep]. And the magnification ring is stiff to turn - need a throw lever for it. Also the Leupold badge fell off...

I have to cousins to this model, the lit plex and firedot 4. Both in 1-6X. These are the best scopes I have ever used in the dim undergrowth of the forest I hunt. Shots are under 100 yards in vegetation. The dot is very nice and not too bright. In both version the crosshairs stand out nice and clear. My power ring is also a bear to turn. Pretty light for a 30mm at 14.5 ounces. Great eyebox, and that is useful for various positions, and different clothing that the weather dictates. I did use 3-9, and 1.5-5X leupolds, but even with the added weight, I prefer this model.
The power ring is way over stiff on mine, no cat tail is supplied the elevation does not click but mushes but it has great glass.
© 24hourcampfire