Home
Posted By: Ringman Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/12/16
Today a Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder arrived. Rangefinder and shipping cost $406. Some know I love to compare optics so I did that. The Sig has a 7X25 glass. I looked at the military eye chart on the pump house 127 yards away. The one in my avitar. The only lines I could make out were the largest. Then I brought out an Alpen Wings 8X21. I could see all the lines on the left side. They are the best pocket size value on the market. I paid $132 including shipping. Unlike my .454, these are not for sale.

Now I need to read the manual and figure out how to play with the new toy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: devnull Re: Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/12/16
Did you buy it at savinglots.com?

I want one but have never done business with them. Respectable business?
Posted By: Ringman Re: Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/12/16
devnull,

Did you buy it at savinglots.com?

Yes.

I want one but have never done business with them. Respectable business?

Neither have; I prior to this. I guess they are respectable. They charged my credit card on 12/31/15 so I was quite pleased to take advantage of the extra points in December.
Posted By: kingston Re: Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/12/16
Ringman,

All the clamoring around the fire about these lately had me on the fence. Your post pushed me over the edge. I'll thank you later. I'm hoping it ranges accurately on small vermin out to 600. We'll see!

Posted By: Ringman Re: Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/12/16
kingston,

Tomorrow I will get some time to actually range things with it. I am delighted with its size and the angle compensation. It retired my Leica 1200; which has been trouble free for at least ten years.
Posted By: Fire Hawk Re: Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/13/16
I ordered mine on Sunday. Currently I run a Leica LRF1200 scan which has been awesome and a Ranger 1000 for my ML and archery stuff. I plan to sell the Ranger and keep the Leica if the Kilo measures up like you all suggest.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Sig Kilo2000 rangefinder - 01/14/16
The weather has not been fun around here. I went out to the pasture where I tried my Leica 1200 and a Bushnell 1300. The Bushnell didn't work at all across to the trees. I got one reading with the Leica of 800. The Sig would read as far as I could see trees before they went over the hill. That was over a 1000 yards. Then I went to a place where I didn't get a single reading with the Leica. Even in the drizzle I got instant readings of over 1300 yards. There was a low hanging cloud that prevented a reading in that direction.
© 24hourcampfire