Home
Posted By: MagMarc Midway has the VX3I up - 01/19/16
http://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotionid=1088004

Yes, still says made in USA...
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/19/16
Natchez has the VX3-I also.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/19/16
Was looking at the ER on the 3.5-10 x 40....Eye Relief: 3.5x-4.4"; 10x-3.6". I thought JB said they corrected this ? I like the larger power selector.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/19/16
Let's hope, VX3I is a good scope.

Posted By: gerry35 Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/19/16
Otherwise we won't hear the end of it........
Posted By: hidalgo Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/20/16
Just got my VX3I 4.5 x 14 30 mm with side focus from Midway today. Looks pretty good and the power ring is certainly easier to turn. After mounting it the eye relief and eye box seem good although not as good as the VX-6 which at about half the price is to be expected. I'll be doing some shooting with it tomorrow.
Posted By: Wesley2 Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/21/16
Originally Posted by hidalgo
Just got my VX3I 4.5 x 14 30 mm with side focus from Midway today. Looks pretty good and the power ring is certainly easier to turn. After mounting it the eye relief and eye box seem good although not as good as the VX-6 which at about half the price is to be expected. I'll be doing some shooting with it tomorrow.

So....let's hear how it performs! I need to know whether to sell my new in the box VX3 and buy the VX3i wink
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
I don't know if the question has been asked, but how did Leupold make them cheaper ? What's missing ?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
They got the flux capacitor to run on garbage instead of 1.21 gigawatts
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I don't know if the question has been asked, but how did Leupold make them cheaper ? What's missing ?

Could it be instead of using real diamonds they went to diamondique?? laugh
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
They cut down on the number of different scopes being made, which allows them to cut cost.

So, think of it as the older VX-3's were being sold at a premium because of all the different models/finishes available. So, it looks like a price cut, when in reality, is in line with where the prices should have been before.
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I still laugh at that one.......
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I still laugh at that one.......

I remember wink
Leupold counts on that level of intellect to sell "new" scopes. This years VX-3 is next years "new" VX2.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Leupold scope threads always deliver the goods around here don't they? They are always entertaining. I bet Leupy shakes their heads in amazement, wondering how they generate $100M annually by being a bunch of dumbasses.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

You can't use a flux capacitor in that service. It takes a Methanopopinometer wired in AB-2 grounded grid.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Leupold trashing is a Fire art form, morphing into a cult of sorts.

I like my Leupolds, getting more.

Voting with my dollars...

DF
All in good fun JG. Like I said not to long ago, they are the standard which all others are judged against. And yes, I meant that truthfully.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
I'll have another mounted up this week also
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
I've not had issue with a Leupold scope to date. I've used lots of them and still use a couple few.

I simply do not believe they improved the new line and dropped the price by limiting options. They might be the best ever or the worst but come on upgraded the product and reduced the price...?
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Leupold scope threads always deliver the goods around here don't they? They are always entertaining. I bet Leupy shakes their heads in amazement, wondering how they generate $100M annually by being a bunch of dumbasses.

Don't put me in the hater category. Leupold is about all I use and will buy more.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I've not had issue with a Leupold scope to date. I've used lots of them and still use a couple few.

I simply do not believe they improved the new line and dropped the price by limiting options. They might be the best ever or the worst but come on upgraded the product and reduced the price...?

Well, Swarovksi did the same thing a couple of years ago when the re-imaged the SLC HD. It got different armoring, and cheaper by a couple hundred $$$$, and remains one of the finest hunting binoculars on the planet. Funny how nobody questioned that move, probably because it had Swarovksi and a silver hawk on it.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
I like Leupold. No reason to change.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Well, Swarovksi did the same thing a couple of years ago when the re-imaged the SLC HD. It got different armoring, and cheaper by a couple hundred $$$$, and remains one of the finest hunting binoculars on the planet. Funny how nobody questioned that move, probably because it had Swarovksi and a silver hawk on it.

Funny how people get so butt hurt about a scope. I don't care what brand it is I don't see anyone making upgrades and lowering costs. I like Leupold and Swarovski both but don't care what others think of them
I have a bunch of leupold scopes myself sure I will buy more
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
I'm a Leupold whore so I figured what the heck, I got a new T3 Superlite .300 Win from Cabelas that needs a scope so I just ordered a VX3i 3.5-10x40 from Midway, I do like the looks of the new power ring and for $399 shipped I think they will be an outstanding value.........Hb
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16

Yep, that's the word I got.

I really don't need a scope. Yet, I have been thinking about buying one, 3.5-10X40 CDS just for fun.
Wondering? Has anyone seen one of their scope (Leupold) with 'windplex'
If so, what are your thought.

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

I really don't need a scope. Yet, I have been thinking about buying one, 3.5-10X40 CDS just for fun.

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

I have a 2-7X33 with the "Windplex", and I really haven't decided whether I like it or a plain duplex better.

I can see where it would help holding into the wind, you would have definite reference points instead of guessing or taking time to twist another turret.

It's not so prominent as displayed in their advertisements, so the target is not obscured excessively so.

I'll say I don't dislike it and I'm going to keep an open mind while I adapt to it. If I end up not liking it, I'll just have it changed....

Another polished turd from leupOLD.
What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

Thanks

Sorry about the hijack..

I have a 2-7X33 with the "Windplex", and I really haven't decided whether I like it or a plain duplex better.

I can see where it would help holding into the wind, you would have definite reference points instead of guessing or taking time to twist another turret.

It's not so prominent as displayed in their advertisements, so the target is not obscured excessively so.

I'll say I don't dislike it and I'm going to keep an open mind while I adapt to it. If I end up not liking it, I'll just have it changed....

Thanks Vic
Posted By: 16bore Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

[Linked Image]

Loose dial screw? What puked and what was replaced? Same old "replaced erector assembly" story?
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/23/16
Originally Posted by 16bore

[Linked Image]

Loose dial screw? What puked and what was replaced? Same old "replaced erector assembly" story?

Looks like a mount issue to me. Did you figure out the problem?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/23/16

I'm wondering the same thing...... smile

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/23/16
Wow! Those are some beautiful Mulies Raider......Congrats!........Hb
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/23/16
[quote=bsa1917hunter]What was wrong wit the VX3, that Leupold thought they needed to discontinue them????

Nothing at all wrong with the VX3 scopes, just like there was nothing wrong with the Vari-X III and the Vari-X 3 ....Im glad they improve them every now and then especially if they lower the price too, it seems odd to me that someones feelings can get hurt over a company improving a product and lowering the price at the same time.....Wow!...........Hb
How are some deer on a wall correlated with the quality of a scope? I killed a 200"+ mulie with a $60 tasco, so I guess that means tasco are awesome.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
How are some deer on a wall correlated with the quality of a scope? I killed a 200"+ mulie with a $60 tasco, so I guess that means tasco are awesome.
LMAO!!...........now that is funny chit!.......Hb
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

I guess that Tasco was awesome, once... laugh

Picture?

Deer, not Tasco... cry

DF
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/24/16

They made the new one brighter and dropped the price. Worth coming out with a new model for sure
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

They made the new one brighter and dropped the price. Worth coming out with a new model for sure

Sounds good to me.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I'm a Leupold whore so I figured what the heck, I got a new T3 Superlite .300 Win from Cabelas that needs a scope so I just ordered a VX3i 3.5-10x40 from Midway, I do like the looks of the new power ring and for $399 shipped I think they will be an outstanding value.........Hb

Saw that one for $315 in a few places as well. Ordered a 4.5-14 before the demand catches on and the dealers boost prices. It will happen.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/25/16
Looked at a VX-3i 2.5-8x36 at a store yesterday. The shop assistant said that the power ring numbers are not etched on as previously. Don't know whether he was talking BS or not as I had left my reading glasses in the truck and couldn't take a closer look at the numbers.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/25/16
Originally Posted by KenMi

Saw that one for $315 in a few places as well. Ordered a 4.5-14 before the demand catches on and the dealers boost prices. It will happen.
Damn where did you see them for $315? ....I'll buy another one for that price.......Thanks Hb
Posted By: AMRA Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/25/16

Damn where did you see them for $315? ....I'll buy another one for that price.......Thanks Hb

Yes! Same HERE! Where at for $315?
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/25/16
LG outdoors. Go to the Leupold site, fine the part number (model number), then go to LG outdoors and search by model number. Ritchie sporting is offering similar prices on Gunbroker as well, but they charge shipping and credit card fee. Both are free at LG.

I got the 4.5-14-40 VX3i 30mm CDS Windplex for $487.13. They had 2 at that price. If you search that model (170702), it shows out of stock, but it also shows in stock for $599. The 170703 (Duplex) still was in stock this morning. I couldn't find the 3.5-10 by searching the model number, but I just put in VX-3i, and ran through the list, and saw the ones for $315 last night. Not sure of current stock

I'm thinking Leupold may have ran some promotional specials to their deals for the first shipments.
Here is the link for the 3.5-10. Last night they were in stock at $315. Now price has been removed, and shows not in stock.

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=274220

On Gunbroker, Richie sporting still shows one in stock for $315.
Thanks for the link Ken, i checked and it shows them out of stock, ill check gunbroker next cause thats a smokin deal too........Hb
Just checked Gunbroker and no $315 vx3i's left .....Damnit!.......Hb
Check with Doug at Cameraland. He quoted me a good price on the same one I got. He said theirs are coming next week. If I see any more good prices, I'll pop links on here.

$319.40 Free shipping
http://www.centerfireguns.com/leupold-vx-3i-3-5-10x40-mt-dpx-170680.html
Thanks Ken......You the man!......Hb
Im going to send the scope i ordered from Midway back and i'm thinking about buying another one of these $319 deals while I can get it.......or do you guy's think these prices will stay?........Hb
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/25/16
Check with Doug at Cameraland. He quoted me a good price on the same one I got. He said theirs are coming next week.

Yeah, I think I'll give Doug a call and pick one up.

He's a good guy.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 01/27/16
Check with Doug at Cameraland. He quoted me a good price on the same one I got. He said theirs are coming next week.

Yeah, I think I'll give Doug a call and pick one up.

He's a good guy.

for the support guys. Our shipments are slotted to begin arriving tomorrow
Did Anyone actually order and recieve a vx3i from Centerfireguns.com for $319 ?. Just curious. I never used them before. Thanks
Posted By: Huntz Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/06/16
How come the VX3s cost more on sale than the new ones.One would think they would be cheaper.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/06/16
The MSRP was more on the old ones. Apparently some dealers got a promotional offer for ordering the first batch of the new model, that is why the initial prices were low at a few dealers. Once that first quantity sells out, they bump them up to the normal prices.

If the old models aren't selling at the sale prices, prices will have to come down on those, or they will be on shelves a long time.
Posted By: SKane Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/06/16
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Did Anyone actually order and recieve a vx3i from Centerfireguns.com for $319 ?. Just curious. I never used them before. Thanks

Yep. Not the $319 model but ordered a different VX3i.
Easy-peasy. Scope is already on the rifle.

Thanks my cousin was wanting one but I never bought from them and i didnt want to mention it to him if I wasnt sure they were reputable. He generally doesnt order much online. Thanks again.
Posted By: vacrt2002 Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/07/16
Good buy
The Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10x40 matte Duplex is now $329.40 10:25pm 2-09-16 @ Centerfire rifles web site
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/09/16
And Richie sporting still has them for $315+shipping.
A buddy of mineordered a couple VX3i scopes from Centerfire .He got an email today.
I apologize for the delay in your order. We found out today that we have been put on the do not sell list from Leupold for violating their Minimum Advertised Price policy. We were unaware of this until it happened and for the next month we are unable to sell Leupold products.

As such, I have had to cancel your order and I released the authorization on your credit card. You should see that authorization drop off within two business days.

I sincerely apologize that we were not able to complete your order.

Thank you,
CenterfireGuns Customer Service
Posted By: yar Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/18/16
Price fixing?
I think price fixing is when you get together with your competition and agree on a price. This is more of an agreement between the manufacturer and the retailer. Not sure but I think it generally is to protect smaller retailers who may not be able to purchase in quanities to recieve as low of price as the bigger ones. Probably more reasons for it than that.
Posted By: yar Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/18/16
Your spot on... I stand corrected
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/18/16
Doug's away but we do have 1 still available. Give me a call at 516-217-1000 if you need our last one
Joel, Doug's brother
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway has the VX3I up - 02/18/16
I guess they don't have any problem with the two dealers on Gunbroker that have them for $315. Maybe it's just the advertised website prices that come up in Google searches.

I still think there was some kind of a promotion for the first batch. Why would a dealer cut their profit so much on a new model, if not? The one on Gunbroker shows a whole shipping case full of the same boxed model on their ad.
Maybe they just havent got their letter from Leupold yet.
© 24hourcampfire