Home
Posted By: Dantheman Scope for bull barreled AR15 - 01/25/16
Hi,

I've narrowed my choices down to the Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 and the Burris MTAC 3.5-10x42.

The prices will be nearly identical. Both scopes come with great warranties. I thought the Burris looked more focused at 10x than the Vortex did but I like the reticle of the Vortex better.

Does anyone have any experience with either scope?. I plan on using the rifle for target shooting and the occasional coyote.

Dan
Still can't make up my mind....so the rifle will be wearing a Weaver Classic K6 that I already own. Some simple Weaver six screw tactical XX High rings.

That should work until I figure out which higher magnification variable I want.

Dan
I don't see a problem with any of the scopes you have mentioned? I don't see where you would need all of that magnification that you are talking about. I coyote hunt religiously and my variable scopes never go past 5x...That's the good thing about a variable though, if you need higher magnification you have got it....Just go with it..Good luck....
Posted By: Huntz Re: Scope for bull barreled AR15 - 01/29/16
Are you using it for Prairie Rats or Yodel Dogs????
Originally Posted by Huntz
Are you using it for Prairie Rats or Yodel Dogs????

What ever target of opportunity appears on my buddy's farm. Shots will probably be within 200 yds. We may have some fun shooting at distant pieces of steel though which is why I like the 10x.

Dan
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Still can't make up my mind....so the rifle will be wearing a Weaver Classic K6 that I already own. Some simple Weaver six screw tactical XX High rings.

Dan

You mentioned a K6. If your shots are within 200 yds and you feel comfortable with the 6x, what about a SWFA 6x? I love everything about mine!!!
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: 4ager Re: Scope for bull barreled AR15 - 02/03/16
In NY to 200, the SWFA 1-4 illuminated would get serious consideration.
Super Sniper milquad/mil in 10X or 6X.

Travis
Originally Posted by philgood80
Originally Posted by Dantheman

Dan

You mentioned a K6. If your shots are within 200 yds and you feel comfortable with the 6x, what about a SWFA 6x? I love everything about mine!!!
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Your rig looks very similar to mine. Of course mine wears that Star Wars looking Thordsen stock. What barrel length does your rifle have? The K6 or your SS will certainly get the job done but I'd like just a little more magnification for the range. So far my build's accuracy looks promising.

Dan
I have a Vortex PST 2-10 MOA on my AR10 and so far it has been a great scope for the application.
I have a Vortex Diamondback HP 3x12x42 on my AR and it works just fine.... fwiw
Just a follow up. I got a fantastic deal on a new Bushnell Elite 2-16x42 Tactical.

I have Bushnell Elite 4200's on most of my rifles and have a great deal of confidence in them. So far they've all been bullet proof.

This scope looks like a 6500 with a mildot reticle and target turrets.

Dan
© 24hourcampfire