Home
I am thinking about picking up a 2-10x42 Burris Veracity (With M.A.D. knobs) for an AR upper that I am building. Does anyone have any experience with the Veracity scope and how it compares, to say a Leupy VX3? I've also heard that the Veracity shares the same glass as the Burris XTR II, and was developed basically as a hunting version of the XTR II. I don't know this to be fact, but if anyone has any info to back that up, please let me know.

Thanks for any info in advance!
If weight and size are not a problem, they are great scopes. Put a 3-15 on a hunting rifle and it didnt last long.

To big and heavy, I like a vx3 40mm much better
They are really good scopes but they are heavier than a VX3
Dennis,

Does yours have the E1 reticle? if so, your thoughts on it?

John
I have experience with Veracity in a couple of different models.
I would clearly say forget them and find yourself a Vortex PST in the magnification range you want. The Veracity lacks, IMHO, positive clicks, sharpness of image and, in a couple of cases I've seen, repeatable tracking.
This is a big part of me choosing a Burris.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JMUPT Re: Thoughts on Burris Veracity? - 02/23/16
I have the 4-20X50 model on a 6.5X284 and its been a good scope so far. I like the first focal plane, glass to me is pretty close to the leupold vx3 and the vortex pst's. I think the pst has a more positive feeling turret, but I have dialed the Veracity and had no issues with it returning to zero. I have about 300 rounds through the scope and not issues so far. So if you can get a good deal on one I think it's worth it.
Good turrets that track perfectly, great glass. As mentioned above, similar to VX-3, IMO. And for the cost you're looking at, a slam dunk buy.
I think the Burris will serve you well. I've had good service with Burris for about 18 yrs. or so, no complaints.
Originally Posted by shoots4fun
I have experience with Veracity in a couple of different models.
I would clearly say forget them and find yourself a Vortex PST in the magnification range you want. The Veracity lacks, IMHO, positive clicks, sharpness of image and, in a couple of cases I've seen, repeatable tracking.

Not my experience and at least they will hold up! Never seen a PST that went more than 100 rounds.
So far i'm in like with mine. ymmv obviously.
Originally Posted by slickyboyboo
This is a big part of me choosing a Burris.

[Linked Image]

Please let us know what you think about the Veracity when you get your hands on it. That's one fantastic coupon to have!

I have a bull barreled AR-15 that I've been considering putting a Veracity on as well. I really don't like all of these mil dots and other tacticool reticles. I feel more comfortable with the E1 that's on the Veracity or a plain old duplex with a speed dial .

Let us know how it works out.

Dan
I've never had reliability or durability issues with a Burris.
© 24hourcampfire