Home
Howdy all,

I'm a newbie to posting on this site and also to expensive rifles and long(er) range shooting. However, I'll soon have a 300 Win Mag put together and through a lot of reading I'm mostly settled on a Bushnell LRHS in Mil/Mil configuration primarily due to features and price point (+/-$1100-1500). I'm posting on 24hr because I've found more information on this model riflescope at this site than anywhere else. With that said, most info/reviews have involved the 3-12 model and I've found little information on the 4.5x18. Please help me decide between the two.

I plan to use this rifle/scope combo to hunt to 600ish yards and maybe further if practice, skill and opportunity eventually allow for it. If anyone has experience with both models and can provide some input I'd appreciate that most, but I'll take any information the collective knowledge of this site is willing to provide.

If anyone has input about products outside the realm of Bushnell LRHS and a good reason for it then I'm all ears for that info too.

Thanks in advance.

JR
3-12 will do what you want. Get the 4-18 if you feel you want more mag, more length and more weight......
+1

John
Welcome JR. I'm not a long range twister (yet), but you've got two good recommendations right there.
I have two of the 4.5-18, and they are rock solid. I use the higher end for testing loads, and reduce the power for hunting. Very nice, and very expensive. I like the reticle, but nightforce also has some nice options.
I should STFU since I have only mounted my 4-18 this week and have a whopping 3 rounds down the rifle. I am thinking the reticle is a bit thick at 18. But I am thankful you can see it at 4X. I believe I am going to like it rather fondly, but need more time. Cannot comment on the tracking at this point. I'll repost later in the week if I get out again
I have both and I would recommend the 3-12 for that use. It is an awesome scope and, overall, a better executed package.
huntsman22,

Get the 4-18 if you feel you want more mag, more length and more weight......

What if the OP wants more magnification without "more length and more weight"?
then maybe he should look elsewhere than the LRHS......
I'll let you know. I just ordered a 3-12 LRHS from Amazon. $949 - $80 gift card (Chase Mastercard) - $27 cash back = $842 final cost.

Will mount it on a GAP Non-typical 7mm-08 and will shoot 162 A-Maxes.
Steve,

You'll like it.

If not, I call dibs on the rifle/scope combo....
I have used the 3X12 Bushnell Tactical for years. It is a reliable scope. It has the mildot reticle with tactical knobs. They are pricey but you can do the same thing in the 6500. The scope tube is not as strong and it has more conventional knobs.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I'll let you know. I just ordered a 3-12 LRHS from Amazon. $949 - $80 gift card (Chase Mastercard) - $27 cash back = $842 final cost.

Will mount it on a GAP Non-typical 7mm-08 and will shoot 162 A-Maxes.

Wow! Nice choice.
Is the LRHS 12 power plenty for 1000 yards?
and then some....
Awesome, cause I just bought one.
I like it.

[Linked Image]
Steve,

What rings did you use?
© 24hourcampfire