Home
Posted By: JD338 Nightforce NXS™ 5.5-22 x 50mm - 04/26/16
I am interested in getting a Nightforce NXS™ 5.5-22 x 50mm.
Where is the best place(lowest price) to buy one?

JD338
e bay
Whittakers seems pretty good.
JD,
What reticle are you looking to get?
I've got 4 NF scopes.....I love them.....

Mile high shooting has a good selection
I love mine! I would look on eurooptics.
eurooptics is good as well as sportoptics.

Nightforce has a minimum advertised price policy, you'll notice that all the websites usually have them listed at the same price. Call them and ask them for their best price, they'll usually knock a considerable amount off of the advertised price.
Thank you fellas. I am looking at the MOAR reticle.

JD338
Jim what are you putting it on?
Extreme outerlimits store has them as well.
Mine just arrived in the mail.... yeehaw!

Now if I could only afford a mount <g>. I am bled dry. These suckers ain't cheap!
Did you end up ordering an NXS?
Hi Jordan!

I was given a heads-up on a used but basically new one (30 rounds) for $1500.... so yes, I bought one.

So, still an F2 guy for the time being. smile

I am not kidding about can't afford a mount though. My fun money fund is beyond tapped out <g>. It's killing me, but I just stuck the NF in the back of the safe until I can collect enough pop cans for a 30mm mount worthy of an NSX.
MOAR, non-illuminated, speed turret, zero stop....
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Hi Jordan!

I was given a heads-up on a used but basically new one (30 rounds) for $1500.... so yes, I bought one.

I am not kidding about can't afford a mount though. My fun money fund is beyond tapped out <g>. It's killing me, but I just stuck the NF in the back of the safe until I can collect enough pop cans for a 30mm mount worthy of an NSX.

Jeff let me help a little, for your rail.........http://murphyprecision.com

And for your rings call APA

There your all set!
Originally Posted by Fotis
Jim what are you putting it on?

M700LSS 338RUM
I am going to replace the VX-6 3-18x44mm with Tactical dials.

JD338
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Hi Jordan!

Jeff let me help a little, for your rail.........http://murphyprecision.com

And for your rings call APA

There your all set!

Ack, thanks, I appreciate that.

I'm planning on going this route instead. Nightforce Ulttalight direct mount. This rifle doesn't need to get any heavier, and rails are a bit tactical for my tastes. Plus I love the simplicity of this mount.

[Linked Image]

NXS are illuminated...

PS. You are worried about ring weight after buying a 2 lb. scope? Your posts get dumber by the letter.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

NXS are illuminated...

PS. You are worried about ring weight after buying a 2 lb. scope? Your posts get dumber by the letter.

Not only that, but only in JeffO land will mounts work for other scopes but not a NF.
A rail base will make it easier to accommodate your scope positioning peculiarities.
Originally Posted by mathman
A rail base will make it easier to accommodate your scope positioning peculiarities.

LOL

Jeff, consider the rail, seriously.

If you want something "less tactical looking", consider the TPS HRT rings.
http://swfa.com/30mm-C2722.aspx
Originally Posted by bellydeep

NXS are illuminated...

Not only that, but only in JeffO land will mounts work for other scopes but not a NF.

I bet dumb-dumb JeffO bought an SHV, not an NXS...Only a person as retarded as JeffO would unload a $2000 scope for $1500 after only 30 rounds.

NXS are illuminated...

I'm aware of one NXS that is non-illuminated...2.5-10 X 42 with the IHR option (I believed offered at one time in both non and illuminated center).

Doesn't sound like that's the option JeffO got though.
I guess we'll see. That is, assuming JeffO can get the box open when it comes in the mail...

Jeff, have you figured out what NF you have yet?
It's not like you to let a thread die. grin
He probably bought a chinese Nighthorse down at the carnival. List price was $30, but he was able to talk the seller into taking $1500.
Originally Posted by SKane

Jeff, have you figured out what NF you have yet?
It's not like you to let a thread die. grin

smile

It's a NXS. I didn't realize they all had illum; seller never mentioned it so I just ass-u-med..... nice bonus!

Honestly the NSX wasn't on my radar; I was aiming a little lower on the food chain. Hadn't researched the particulars of them much. But, one good dope slap and a bit of a financial stretch later... BOOM! grin

Seems nice. It's not mounted yet so I can't tell much. Seems plenty good optically and if it does the "voodoo they do" mechanically, I think I'll be in for a treat.

It sure as heck removes a variable from the whole equation; looking forward to seeing that play out going forward.

They are not all illuminated.
© 24hourcampfire