Home
I bought a rifle earlier today and it came with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 mounted on it. Does anyone have any info on this model? it's not listed on Nikons website so it must be an older model.

I have a Nikon Prostaff mounted on another rifle and really like it. Anyone know how the Buckmaster compares to it in value and quality?

Thanks

The older Buckmaster scopes were a model between the Pro Staff and the Monarch lines.

I have a 4.5-14 BM that I have used for several years and its given good service.
And the new Buckmasters are their lowest line, not at all like the older Buckmasters.
The older buckmasters are good scopes. They are a step up from the pro staff in clarity
Posted By: cdb Re: Nikon Buckmaster info wanted - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by Gohip2000
The older buckmasters are good scopes. They are a step up from the pro staff in clarity

This.
I have 2 of the older Buckmasters in 3x9. I have had them on various rifles over the years and they have always performed well. They do have a longer eye relief than the Prostaff's if that's important.

kwg
The New Buckmasters are the NEW Tascos...

Serviceable for anyone but the serious hunters who always think they need a lot better quality glass...

hey if a box of ammo last ya a year, then its more than enough for your needs. kinda made for the Walmart crowd....
Originally Posted by Centurion75
I bought a rifle earlier today and it came with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 mounted on it. Does anyone have any info on this model? it's not listed on Nikons website so it must be an older model.

I have a Nikon Prostaff mounted on another rifle and really like it. Anyone know how the Buckmaster compares to it in value and quality?

Thanks

Use and see if it disappoints. I doubt it will.

Dave
I own 3 of the old Buckmasters 4.5-14x. In my opinion by far the best value out there. Consistent, accurate and repeatable clicks, lower profile but still click friendly turrets, side focus. Long tube for proper eye relief on just about any rifle. The one mounted on my 8mm mag has held zero faithfully for several years. Plus, they come with the deflave stamp of approval, what ever that means. grin
I have an older Buckmaster 4.5x14-40 and the glass is quite good for who it is for. Then a few of the first line of Prostaff 3x9-40 with no complaints.
© 24hourcampfire