Home
Posted By: CBB Minox ZV 3 - 05/17/16
How good are these scopes?
What do they compare to?
Posted By: JeffG Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/17/16
I find them as bright and clear as anything that costs twice the price. I have three of them mounted now, for three seasons, with no troubles. I'd stay away from the ZV version as I find their turret adjustments quite mushy, but still very bright and clear. Some folks don't like the big "Minox" graphic on the side.
Posted By: tarheelpwr Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/17/16
I have not put mine through it's paces, but I have a 3-9 with #4 on my -06. I've put around 100 rounds through it and 1 canned ram hunt. NO issues and VERY good looking glass.
Posted By: CBB Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/17/16
Thread updated for ZV series. Typo..
Posted By: hunt_4646 Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/17/16
My ZA (higher priced scope than the ZV) with bdc reticule is bright and has good eye relief. I have used it on a number of deer hunts with success. I like it very much. The negative is the manual from Minox. It is not easy to understand their literature. It does take some study to understand the BDC reticule lines and spacing. Their webb site is better.

My ZV3 scope is a cheaper scope but still better optics than most lower priced scopes. The 400 BDC reticule on the ZV3 has additional line and that permits additional holding point permitting better information for longer distances.
I did have a reticule problem with my ZV3 and sent it to Minox repair center in USA. Within 10 days from the time I sent the scope off, Minox had a brad new scope in my hands. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Posted By: CBB Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/18/16
ZV-3 in 3-9x40 Plex on a 22-250 or .218 Bee, outside possibility could be a .50 muzzlestuffer for 140$..
Won't be alot of long range adjustments being made just zeroing and shooting.

Or spend a little more for a Leupold VX 1?
Posted By: JeffG Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/19/16
I wouldn't put it on the 22-250 or the muzzle-loader, if you can afford better glass. The ZV will be brighter than the VX1. The Leupold might be more durable. Both have great customer service if either goes south on you.

I like Minox stuff, I use their HD binocs and a mini spotting scope, as well as three rifle scopes. It is like everything, you buy cheap, you get cheap. I spent a LOT of money on cheap scopes, trying to get a better value, ended up frustrated, losing money and time, then ended up buying the best I could afford.

It remains a good rule of thumb to match the value of your scope with the value of the gun.

My $400 Savages are WAY more dependable with $400 scopes on them, than they ever were with $100 scopes mounted.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/19/16
I wouldn't put it on the 22-250 or the muzzle-loader, if you can afford better glass. The ZV will be brighter than the VX1. The Leupold might be more durable. Both have great customer service if either goes south on you.

I like Minox stuff, I use their HD binocs and a mini spotting scope, as well as three rifle scopes. It is like everything, you buy cheap, you get cheap. I spent a LOT of money on cheap scopes, trying to get a better value, ended up frustrated, losing money and time, then ended up buying the best I could afford.

It remains a good rule of thumb to match the value of your scope with the value of the gun.

My $400 Savages are WAY more dependable with $400 scopes on them, than they ever were with $100 scopes mounted.

Interesting. When I went to Alaska the first time I put a Tasco World Class on the .300 Weatherby Mark V and the .375-.416 Rem Mag because I never had trouble with them. The only reason I switched out the Tasco on the .375 was to give a little more eye relief for others when someone else fires it. The .300 still has the Tasco.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/20/16
Weren't people complaining about cheap Chinese parts with certain Minox scopes???? Something about cheap eye pieces or turrets if I recall. Anyone else remember this????
Posted By: kraky111 Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/20/16
My first zV went belly-up under 100 rounds...... after a long wait they sent me a new one.
I sold the new one and never looked back.

I also had a za that disappointed me on very low rounds. Another very long wait and a hassle for replacement.... I've come close to buying another minox from time to time but fought Off the urge.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Minox ZA 3 - 05/23/16
I have one ZV 3-9x40 on an AR. Pretty clear glass, but horrible glare. It's absolutely useless late eve or early morn. In bright daylight it's a decent scope. I do like the 400 ret. This one will most likely end up on a rimfire.
© 24hourcampfire