Home
For the last several years I've been using a set of Browning 10x42s, and I've been pretty happy with them. I was drawn for premium elk tag here in Washington, so I've decided to upgrade.

Don't even know what models to compare.

Thanks
There was a set of 10x42 Meoptas in the classifieds recently for about that price. That's what I use and I highly recommend them.
If you want new, Cabelas' Alaskan Guide series are very nice.
Pay attention to this one......excellent optics backed by Leupold. Maybe you can steal it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Leupold-BX-3-Mojave-Pro-Guide-HD-Binocular-10x42mm-120907-/252423020616?hash=item3ac595a048:g:-lYAAOSwqBJXXDHZ

You can buy these for 500...42s on steroids...:)

10x50 DCF ED
We recently put the Minox BL 10x44 HD #62049 on sale for only $369.99. These are great binoculars, made in Germany and the reviews on them have always been great. For the price range you are looking in you will not find a better binocular IMO
Used Meopta Meostars..

Originally Posted by TATELAW
There was a set of 10x42 Meoptas in the classifieds recently for about that price. That's what I use and I highly recommend them.

THISSSSS
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

THISSSSS

Seller is excellent to deal with as well
Great advice!
It's all about build quality once you get the basics of excellent glass, phase and some form of extra coatings on the prisms.
Used, high end glass is always a great value.
New, Doug is the man and he knows what he is talking about.
I picked up a used Leupold Mojave 10X here on the fire and love them
Another endorsement for looking used. After researching and researching I found a set of Leupold Gold Ring 10x42 for$500. They definitely top anythingi could have afforded new, even without the HD glass of later versions.

Ebay is full of great deals if you keep an eye out.
shop around for the Meoptas
MHWASH I looked at your Brownings and to me they look like the Carson's.

Maybe JG or someone else will chime in. I am wondering how much better a $500 pair will be than those- and maybe that is the question to ask huh?
Here is a good place to start,

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/best-binoculars-the-cornell-lab-review-2013/

A little dated, but still good info. The Zeiss Terra ED comes in under your price range.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
We recently put the Minox BL 10x44 HD #62049 on sale for only $369.99. These are great binoculars, made in Germany and the reviews on them have always been great. For the price range you are looking in you will not find a better binocular IMO

Would you recommend these over the Viper HD?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Would you recommend these over the Viper HD?

IMO, they are slightly superior to the Viper HD's
Not sure how would they compare to the proposed binos, but I have a pair of Pentax DCF SP 10x43mm that have been stellar. They should come around the price point.
I snagged mine of fleaby for about $300 NIB, advertised as objective covers missing from factory, but they were there... I lucked out.
The Nikon Monarch 7 10x42 is a very good choice.

Great optics and I would rank this one above some of
the others mentioned.

Doug sells them, so call him and he will give you a
deal.
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

THISSSSS

Seller is excellent to deal with as well

Another Meopta vote
© 24hourcampfire