Home
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Meopta 8x20 - 08/25/16
Considing buy a set to take in my work bag to glass around when we stop.
Has anybody used these and what did yall think? How do they compare to the 8x32?
Thanks for any info
Posted By: Caleveras Re: Meopta 8x20 - 08/27/16
I picked up a pair a while back with Doug's "Deal of the Day" special.

The glass is very good which we have come to expect from Meopta, and it came with an iPhone adapter.

A couple of thoughts:

I purchased these to fit in a day pack while my wife and I are traveling, and for that purpose the size is great. A much easier to fit than my pair of 8X30SLCs which are my primary hunting binoculars.
The iPhone adapter works, but is tricky to handle with the small binos, and the pictures have much more of a tunnel vision than I was expecting. The adapter works much better with larger binos and with a tripod.

The 8x30s just fit my eyes better. I would recommend the 8x30 size as a truck set where the larger size is not an issue.

Bottom line is the Meopta 8x20s are a fine glass and have a great price point compared to other compacts. However, make sure the size will work for your viewing.

Hope this helps
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: Meopta 8x20 - 08/27/16
I just need a light and super compact set for my work grip as I'm in a lot of wide open spaces and like to take a closer look.
I have 8x30slc and 10x50 meostars so I just need a compact pair. Thanks for advice.
Anybody else
Posted By: Ringman Re: Meopta 8x20 - 08/27/16
NMSSHOOTER,

For about the same money you can get an Alpen 8X20 which comes with a life time no fault guarantee. I have compared mine with optics costing hundreds more and could not see any appreciable difference. When folded they are about 3 3/4"X 1 1/2"X 2 1/4".
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: Meopta 8x20 - 08/28/16
Meopta has a lifetime warranty as well if I'm not bad mistaking. I dropped my 10x50 last year and had a new pair in ten days. That as good as it gets for me. Thanks
© 24hourcampfire