Home
Posted By: TomM1 Scope for an older Husky - 10/19/16
Looking for a simple classic lightweight scope for an older Husqvarna 1600 series. Thinking about going with a weaver classic 4X, as I have a classic 2-7 and like it very much. Though I remember reading that these are short on eye relief, website list 3.5", that sound about right? Also, what about mounting distance, will one fit on a long action without a reversible ring? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/19/16
I owned one in 30-06, it wore a Leupold M8 4x gloss that really fit that light rifle so well.

A second one wore a redfield 2-7 it didnt look as period correct as the Leupy but was good glass that didn't look like a Hubble scope on that tiny Mauser.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TomM1 Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/19/16
Yeah, Ive owned a few and IIRC 1 or 2 of them had Leupy M-8 4X's, which is rarely a bad choice. Really the only leupold that hasnt given me fits. I thought going to the weaver might be an upgrade in optics over the older M-8. They do look like they belong though...
Posted By: TomM1 Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/19/16
Nice set-up BTW, Montana Sling? Do they make them without swivels?
Old steel tube weaver k4..
A few thoughts. Note the drop of the stock, because if like mine (1640 6.5x55) and intended for irons it was a challenge to get the scope low enough for my preference. Ended up going old school weaver bases/rings as lowest could engineer (even lower than S&K).

Regarding the LA, spacing wise, didn't have any troubles including with a kahles 4x32 which is on the shorter side. However, I did have trouble with short-eye relief scopes such as that kahles, because the LOP on the rifle is IIRC 14 or 14 1/4" and just can't bring myself to cut the stock, resulting in a long crawl. Have put a leupold 3x20 and now an M8-4x, which have been improvements.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Old steel tube weaver k4..

Absolutely agree - have one on deck to try!
Posted By: AMRA Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/20/16
Leupold 3x20
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/20/16
European rifle, Husqvarna, european scope, B. Nickle Marburg?

The only problem (challenge) with a Nickle-Marburg is that the tubes are 26mm in diameter, so rings can be hard to find and more expensive than necessary.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/20/16
I've got a K4 Classic on a VZ-24 in Leupold std low(if I remember right) rings. Seems to work well, kind of a tight fit, if I wasn't 500+ miles from my gun safe I'd measure it for you. Nice scopes, probably my favorite for the price.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TomM1 Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/20/16
Originally Posted by sandcritter
A few thoughts. Note the drop of the stock, because if like mine (1640 6.5x55) and intended for irons it was a challenge to get the scope low enough for my preference. Ended up going old school weaver bases/rings as lowest could engineer (even lower than S&K).

This one is a Monte Carlo, Ive owned a few of those low combed ones and while they are well suited for irons and they accommodate irons only.

Think I'll go with either a vintage Burris, Leupold 4X, or the the Weaver classic 4X.
Posted By: Turk1961 Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/21/16
I have a 4X Zeiss that I am putting on a 30-06 Husky. I think it will be a good fit. The rings will be Burris Signature Zee Weaver-Style. But I have not settled on the base. If I can find a Picatinny Scope rail for it, that is what I will use.
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: Scope for an older Husky - 10/21/16
Another vote for the Leupold M8 4x28mm.
© 24hourcampfire