Home
Posted By: Fotis Opinions on Sightron scope - 10/22/16
Thinking about this for my sako 75 300 RUM . How is durability tracking and the rest?

what say you?

http://info.sightron.com/Riflescopes/SII-Series---Big-Sky/SIIB451442/
Posted By: cdb Re: Opinions on Sightron scope - 10/22/16
Never owned or held one. I've heard they are excellent scopes though.
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Opinions on Sightron scope - 10/22/16
Got one on my 270. The glass is excellent. I haven't done any dialing for distance with it to check the tracking, but it was spot on when adjusting to sight in the rifle.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Opinions on Sightron scope - 10/22/16
Anyone try the turetts on these
Originally Posted by Fotis

I believe slg888 has one and is familiar with them. I do know they back their products, do not repair but replace the scope if issues arise.
Posted By: stantdm Re: Opinions on Sightron scope - 10/22/16
I have a 3.5-10x42 that came off of this site as I recall. It is very much like a Leupold VX II in lens clarity and brightness. Seemed to track well when I sighted it in but I didn't test it, just sighted it in. It is on something that gets few rounds through it, maybe sixty in the last couple of years. It is a scope that, to me, has to be priced right and find a niche. I bought this one used because there were a few articles about them that indicated they performed well. Mine is the SII.
Have a couple, 3X9X40 and a 3.5X10X42. Both have been fine one is on a Steyer 6.5X57 the other on a Winchester Model 70 30-06. Both have been around for a few years and have no issues with them. Both have been hunted. A good mid level scope to me, Clear glass, good tracking, and stays set once sighted. On par with the Nikon Monarch, Burris Full Field, and the Leupold VXII IMHO.
I have several (5) Big Sky's. To my eyes, they are better than a VX2 and better than Conquest. The eyebox is more forgiving than the Conquest. Thet track great. I have three S-iii's also on PD rifles. I need one more and will buy it. I would highly recommend them....
Posted By: TXRam Re: Opinions on Sightron scope - 10/23/16
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Fotis

I believe slg888 has one and is familiar with them. I do know they back their products, do not repair but replace the scope if issues arise.

That was their original selling point, but that changed and my lone experience with their customer service was extremely poor. I sold the two I had, never will own another - too many co's with excellent customer service out there for me to deal with that.
I have only sent one in to be checked out. CS actually called me and explained the process that they went through with my scope. As it was, it checked out fine and they returned it to me free of charge. They also included two scope covers that fit the large 8-32x56 scopes I had bought previously. The new ones come with the covers. I have no complaints about the way I was treated and have zero complaints with any of the 8 Sightrons I own. As I said, I need one more 8-32 and will purchase prior to my next dog hunt. I'm a fan....
© 24hourcampfire