Home
Posted By: fredIII Tract Response - 12/05/16
My first thought as I opened the box was I really don't have time to do this today. Once the box was open and the scope was in hand, I forgot about dinner and garbage duties and yelled up stairs to the wife, "I'm out it's all on you." My first impression was that the scope was robust for a 1" tube and a touch on the heavy side. I turned the dials and was pleasantly surprised that every .25 MOA change came with a positive and very deliberate click. Once to my eye, I was very impressed with the clarity. The response was easily as good or better than my nxs night force as well as my VX-6. Skip ahead twenty minutes, I have the scope mounted and am comparing it to a VX-2 3x9, 3x15 SS with MOA-moa, as well as an old school 4.5. X14 VX3 Tactial. The Response was optically the superior of the other three however, I found the little lines/hash marks on either side of center in the reticle very annoying and out of place. I sat trying to figure what in the hell they could possibly be used for (it could grow on me). Once I get the scope on my bench and some rounds down range, I will give further opinions and findings.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ps the steal its on is way better than 2moa 😏
Posted By: TRACT_Optics Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
Love it Fred. Looking forward to reading your reviews and seeing those pics.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
fredIII, for tracking purposes (no pun intended) is this the scope from deflave and his previous review?

Thomas
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
Too bad there are no 30mm tube offerings.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
fredIII, for tracking purposes (no pun intended) is this the scope from deflave and his previous review?

Thomas

Yes, I sent it to him.

Concur with everything he said but I don't own a NF or VX-6.

Dave
Posted By: deflave Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
Originally Posted by fredIII

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...HC_Black_Rifle_Challenge_Thr#Post9834630
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16

If I were you.... I'd keep the theft of that rifle on the down-low...
Posted By: TRACT_Optics Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Well, not yet... whistle
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Response - 12/06/16
🤓. The worst part is it's a 5.56 and I only have 223 ammo. 😂
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Response - 12/07/16
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

If I were you.... I'd keep the theft of that rifle on the down-low...

Was an attempt at humor with my free gun part problem. It was a steal made of aluminum and steel. But you knew that.
Posted By: RevMike Re: Tract Response - 12/09/16
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Well, not yet... whistle

I'm hoping y'all don't do away with the one inch tube when the 30mm is introduced. Often they look, feel, and balance better than what looks, feels, and balances like a chunk of pipe on the top of a lightweight rifle. Don't leave us dinosaurs behind.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Response - 01/12/17
At 400 plus 5.56 rounds, scopes performance is flawless in zero retention and optically awesome. Got this from the boss man at tract. For those that wanted to know. I can't fall in love with the reticle. [Linked Image]
Posted By: TRACT_Optics Re: Tract Response - 01/13/17
As long as performance is perfect, I'll take that critique on a reticle any day grin

Glad you're having fun with it!
Posted By: iddave Re: Tract Response - 01/13/17
Can a custom turret be ordered for this line of scopes?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Response - 01/13/17
That is a question Trevor should answer. I can only speak to the scope in hand.
Posted By: warpig602 Re: Tract Response - 01/14/17
Have you tried a repeatability test?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Tract Response - 01/14/17
Yes, I have ran it in 5 MOA from zero to its max out and back three times on paper. It returns to zero every time so far. On my ar the max out was at 34 MOA, I believe. I would need to look at my notes to be sure. The adjustment moved with in .5" at all stops. That is the margin of error on my rifle.
All movements of the turret are still crisp. If tract does this scope with a MOA reticle I will buy a couple. It's really nice in the glass category. I'm heading east in a couple weeks or so to try it on a yote or two.

Once the snow melts I am going to try it out at 1000 with some 77otm that shoot in the .4" in my bison 5.56.
I also just got a hunter kimber in 6.5 creedmoor that it might make an appearance on.
© 24hourcampfire