Home
Posted By: killindeer Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
For those that own/used both of these, which do u prefer?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
DNZ and it isn't even close. Thicker material and that includes all mounting screws and cap screws. Once you put them on properly they are never moving. They are not anywhere as streamlined as a Talley Lightweight but still nicer looking then most. YOu can also get them in 2 piece.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
Talley look better if that matters and are a tad lighter, but for me I like the DNZ mounts.
DNZ by a mile. No lapping, rock solid, great customer service, etc. They are all I will run now.
Posted By: STS45 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
I've switched to DNZ and have been happy.
Posted By: skeen Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
I've switched to DNZ almost exclusively.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
All our rifles have DNZ
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
Originally Posted by hunting1
Talley look better if that matters and are a tad lighter, but for me I like the DNZ mounts.

+1 Currently I only have the DNZ 2 piece ring/bases on my Tikka SL and Talleys on all my model 700's. The DNZ aren't as "pretty" as the Talley but do like how they work, they certainly are stout!!
Posted By: Blackbrush Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
If for a Rem 700 pattern, check out the Iota rings....available without the drama if you wish as well.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
I've used both, the Talley's work just as well. The DNZ's are extra for nothing.

I have mounted Talley's on dozens of rifles including a 700 KS in 375 H&H and a light KS stock on a 338 Ultra Mag, not a glitch with either shooting hundreds of rounds.

I also like to use the scope to carry the rifle, Talley's allow me to do that, the DNZ don't.

Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
Talley only for me. Don't care for one piece mounts. When the Talley mount for my XP 100 was one piece, they cut, polished & reblued it at no extra cost. The slim profile of Talley's is what I like. I consider nothing else.

The true return to zero with the Screw Lock rings is a reliable feature for me.
Posted By: killindeer Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
I do like the way the talleys look much better. I just want something solid. my scope moved forward in vertical steel Talleys so im not sure i wanna keep those
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
I have both. I like the DNZ over the Talley LW for most installations. IMO the DNZ are a bit better made. IMO it's like a choice between a chunky ugly gal and a skinny ugly gal.
Posted By: goalie Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
DNZ for me. Tried both, kept the DNZ (One piece)
Posted By: ingwe Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
Talley lightweights.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/08/16
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
IMO it's like a choice between a chunky ugly gal and a skinny ugly gal.

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife....🎼"
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
DNZ for me. I had a couple of TLW's crack. Those were on rifles that lived a hard life on ATV's and tractors. DNZ replacements are still going strong. The DNZ downside (with the one piece, Game Reaper) is lack of ring spacing, they can't be reversed like TLW's. DNZ two piece (Hunt Master) can be reversed to clear that up. I've not been using the 2 piece long enough to really claim I've beat them hard. I've not had any failures from one piece DNZ's yet.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
Talleys are decent but DNZ are a step above. Its what I'm running now.
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
Function: DNZ
Form: Talley
Posted By: goalie Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter
Function: DNZ
Form: Talley

For me, function is always > form.
Posted By: hanco Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
Talleyrand two piece
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
Me to, form follows function. I have used Talleys, but I prefer DNZ.
Posted By: tkinak Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
DNZ's look good to me!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: goodshot Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/09/16
Both are fine mounts lighter recoil I go talley, bigger stuff DNZ.
Posted By: Gohip2000 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/11/16
Both are great. The DNZ is more likely to line up perfect because it is a one piece base so it will balance out if the holes on the receiver aren't perfect. I definitely like the DNZ better than the Talley lightweights, but the Talley steel rings are very strong an well made and are about the best if you want detachable rings. For nondetachable I always go with DNZ if available, even if they aren't as pretty. I take perfect alignment and less stress on the scope tube over being pretty. Now, if DNZ made a slimmed down steel version of their one piece machined rings, that would be perfect.
Posted By: killindeer Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/12/16
Originally Posted by Gohip2000
Both are great. The DNZ is more likely to line up perfect because it is a one piece base so it will balance out if the holes on the receiver aren't perfect. I definitely like the DNZ better than the Talley lightweights, but the Talley steel rings are very strong an well made and are about the best if you want detachable rings. For nondetachable I always go with DNZ if available, even if they aren't as pretty. I take perfect alignment and less stress on the scope tube over being pretty. Now, if DNZ made a slimmed down steel version of their one piece machined rings, that would be perfect.

The talley steel rings marred up my scope. The gunsmith i had install them apparently didnt torque the base screw enough and the scope over time shifted forward. I sold the rifle recently and removed the rings and bases and the large base screws were both loose. Just gonna try something different this go round and gonna install the DNZ myself
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/12/16
I've had both. I prefer the Talley's, but there just ain't much real world difference.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Talley and DNZ mounts - 12/13/16
Any DNZ lovers have an interest in a set of highs for a Kimber 84M? They're yours for cheap, just pm me.
© 24hourcampfire